Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 died in midtown Manhattan during rush hour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gone through the Lemon Law before without an attorney. Pretty much every state has step by step instructions to follow, and in my case and what I've read online, they will offer you a buy back under the lemon law without the actual need to sue them. Like you said, that is a big reason to not use an attorney. It's a pain in the ass process that will take nearly 6 months to get paid back on.

OP, if you have met the 30 days you can just send in paperwork requiring them to repurchase or replace the vehicle, your choice. You only have to go through the final repair attempt If you have no met the 30 day total mark. Also, if the issue is deemed to be a safety concern you don't have to offer a final repair attempt.
Over the coarse 2 months my attorney told me some manufacturers are very difficult to deal with. He mentioned Jaguar, and Range Rover as the worst. Fortunately for me my experience with the manufacturer was one of the best he has had success with. That being said, I feel that when dealing with a 90 plus thousand dollar vehicle it was worth it to use a really good experienced attorney.
I was very pleased with my outcome. No regrets at all. I got back every penny, including interest paid for the year.

Reactions: Reborn
Over the coarse 2 months my attorney told me some manufacturers are very difficult to deal with. He mentioned Jaguar, and Range Rover as the worst. Fortunately for me my experience with the manufacturer was one of the best he has had success with. That being said, I feel that when dealing with a 90 plus thousand dollar vehicle it was worth it to use a really good experienced attorney.
I was very pleased with my outcome. No regrets at all. I got back every penny, including interest paid for the year.

I will neither confirm nor deny that is who I dealt with :p

To OP: as you can tell by actual factual response On thread (vs emotion) your experience of disabling chronic fault is rare. If wiring harness damaged, you will continue to have issues. Return the car. Get another 3, or now Y if you prefer. Take advantage of your time with car to make any spec changes you prefer. Turn the lemon into lemonade!

Reactions: adrianp89
How long was your process from initiation to completion.
Also some states require more "gymnastics" than others.

I did a lemon last year. I dotted my i's and crossed my t's. I went through the formal process with the manufacture first. (One of few that have one). That was rejected, so I went through my state lemon law, which did ask if I attempted their process first. They settled a few days before our hearing and I got everything I asked for. (Replacement vehicle, up to 105% of MSRP, refunds for all accessories/add-ons (PPF/Tint, taxes, dealer fees ect). Between both it took about a year. For just the lemon, probably 5-6 months until I had the new vehicle in my possession (I had a custom order build which added 6 weeks, could have gotten one of the dealer lot and been quicker).

• Informative
How long was your process from initiation to completion.
Also some states require more "gymnastics" than others.

6 months from the start of the paperwork until I actually got paid out. It really should have only been about 3 months, but they take 90 days before they actually cut a check for no reason other than they don't want to haha. It's also annoying because while waiting for payments I was still making car payments. The bank then sent me the overpayments back.

I was offered a replacement... I wanted out.

I will say outside of 1 person, I had phenomenal customer service throughout the process. It figures the 1 bad seed was the first person I dealt with, and they felt like the gatekeeper to the real people I needed to speak with. It is hard to accept a replacement when you are going through a lemon.

In hindsight it was a good thing because now I have a Tesla and my car payments are $215 less a month.