Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read 8 pages of comments and can’t find any reference to Hardware 4. Can anyone confirm that the refreshed Model 3 will come with Hardware 4? Any reason that it wouldn’t ?
I had seen article below

That’s good to know!

Has it been demonstrated how to put on turn signals while turning the steering wheel?
Think of it as changing the volume of the radio, or activating voice commands, or turning on or adjusting cruise control in another brand of car that has several buttons on the steering wheel. You get muscle memory and you just click. It doesn’t take long to get used to and I’ve never been in a situation where the wheel was in a position that I was unable to easily turn on the signals.

Think of it as changing the volume of the radio, or activating voice commands, or turning on or adjusting cruise control in another brand of car that has several buttons on the steering wheel. You get muscle memory and you just click. It doesn’t take long to get used to and I’ve never been in a situation where the wheel was in a position that I was unable to easily turn on the signals.
That's just dumb. If you have the wheel halfway and you want to turn on the signal, no muscle memory gonna help you

Reactions: bay74
Has it been demonstrated how to put on turn signals while turning the steering wheel?

Demonstrated? It's trivially simple. Just look down at the steering wheel and carefully examine the dozen or so weird icons. They may be ambiguous if you normally use reading glasses so it might be best to pull off to the side of the road and come to a stop. Once you've located the turn signal button you're interested in, simply merge back into traffic and then press the featureless region that you remember having seen when you were parked. If your thumb is just sweaty enough, but not too sweaty, the signal will likely trigger. You won't see any indication on the mirror or instrument panel, but if you look closely at the cluttered central screen, you might be able to spot a little green flash for confirmation.

What's so hard about that?

Hey I'm new on this forum and I've order my first Tesla, the Model 3 Highland.

I've had a lot of cars in the past including the Audi S7 and Arteon. But now I'm going to try out an EV because the gas prices are getting ridiculous in my country.

Now I gotta wait a month or two for the car to arrive.

Bought it cash by the way because I was able so sell my old car for a good price so I'm the owner. Feels good to own it myself!

A vent or two for 'styling'? Heaven forbid - we'll get to that horrible styling of so many newer cars littered with endless fake/closed off/too large/messy grilles
Style over substance....
Not for me
I meant more on the sides. Not a grille. Just some styling vents at the far edges that would let air escape could give it a little more sportiness if done correction. Similar to what the existing Model 3's already have! I still prefer Unplugged Performances Ascension front bumper.
This was my one and only Model 3. As a personal vehicle anyway. My company owns more of them. in my 9 years with Tesla, all but about 6 months were spent in various Model S's. Never could get used to those headlights on anything other than a White Model 3. That change alone is HUGE in my own personal styling book. Would have loved those on the one I had. To me, while the headlights are a huge win, the lower portion looks more sedan like, losing the sportiness that the previous one had. This car is marketed as a sport sedan that competes with the likes of a BMW 3/4 series. Just a personal opinion based on personal tastes, but the lower half looks a little flat by comparison to the existing Model 3. Overall however, I do like the front of the new Model 3 much better than the old Model 3. Getting rid of the duck bill is a big win. Space for where a grille would go, but just a flat surface that Tesla retained after they got rid of the nose cone on the original Model S. They kept that same design language on the all new Model 3 and Y when they came out. So, happy to see they've finally done away with any reference to the styling of a typical ICE car's front end.

1693644510703.png

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: hgmichna
That's just dumb. If you have the wheel halfway and you want to turn on the signal, no muscle memory gonna help you
I do it everyday. It’s not that serious. You get used to it, and in my opinion it’s better. Once you have it, you will likely adjust very quickly. People have done it for years when changing cars their buttons, lights, windshield wipers, starter, etc. are not in the place they were in the car before. Some folks are resistant to change and trying it, just like when the iPhone removed the home button, most people now don’t even think about it, some buy older or lesser models to keep an iPhone with a button, and that’s just fine. You do you.

I do it everyday. It’s not that serious. You get used to it, and in my opinion it’s better. Once you have it, you will likely adjust very quickly. People have done it for years when changing cars their buttons, lights, windshield wipers, starter, etc. are not in the place they were in the car before. Some folks are resistant to change and trying it, just like when the iPhone removed the home button, most people now don’t even think about it, some buy older or lesser models to keep an iPhone with a button, and that’s just fine.
Galaxy S8 was the first phone to remove the button not iPhone. Also iPhone are dumb phone.
Yes. People adapt to changes. But the matter is that whether indicator buttons on steering account for improvement compare to stalk.

Reactions: Randy1911