Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There could be many reasons for the change. Could be to make them more comfortable. I doubt that because there haven’t been any complaints on the seats at all.

My guess is cost reduction. It was done to simplify the assembly process in some way. I’m sure it’s happened on dozens of other parts on the car that are not visible to us.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
You are getting one old seat and one new seat.

Funny you mention this. We have a car at our facility with New Generation 2 Front Seats and Old Generation 1 Rear Seats.

Hopefully there's no delivery out there with a Gen1 front seat and a Gen2 front seat as you describe above.

IMG_71C67F45F5EE-1.jpeg

Regardless, we'll have updated Seat Upgrade Kits in both our designs whether you have Old/Old, New/Old or Old/New or New/New seat combinations. Did we miss anything? ;)

Is there more thigh support
Funny you mention this. We have a car at our facility with New Generation 2 Front Seats and Old Generation 1 Rear Seats.

Hopefully there's no delivery out there with a Gen1 front seat and a Gen2 front seat as you describe above.

View attachment 302072

Regardless, we'll have updated Seat Upgrade Kits in both our designs whether you have Old/Old, New/Old or Old/New or New/New seat combinations. Did we miss anything? ;)

Were fatties really complaining that the seats were too narrow?

I'm no fatty, but I do like good back support so I scooch my butt all the way back in the seat. When I do this the side bolster definitely gives a bit of an extra squeeze right at the hip/femur socket. Not wholly uncomfortable, but noticeable. I'm hoping that like a good pair of leather boots, they start tight and break in to fit just right.

Reactions: Asad1087