Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Sport wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You”re automatically assuming these are the new Sport Wheels. What if they are the new standard wheels on the LR models? They’re certainly a step up from the Aeros.

If these deliver the looks of the 19s with the efficiency of the 18s, they’re a home run in my book.

Will be a contributing factor to the expanded range we see on the “refresh” models. I’m placing my bet at 350 miles on the LR model. Between the heat pump and efficient wheels - should be within the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Clivew and hcdavis3
Because they are 19s. Hard to imagine 19s as stock given the proven efficiency improvements of the Aeros. MY comes with bigger tires stock so those make sense to have a 19”wheel as stock (suv). If that flat circle around the outside makes these equal Aeros then awesome but that is doubtful.

The base wheel for the Y, well base wheel that we have now anyway, is a 19" wheel.

You”re automatically assuming these are the new Sport Wheels. What if they are the new standard wheels on the LR models? They’re certainly a step up from the Aeros.
Very doubtful since they would be far less efficient than the aero covers. While they will be more efficient than the current 19" Spot's they still have a lot of opening space for air turbulence and drag. No way is Tesla going to lower the range by installing less efficient wheels as the base.

Reminds me a lot of the base model x and model s slipstream wheels. Tesla probably following that direction with their design.
BCF6AABF-2D59-4C1D-BE8F-BA1DB324FF4F.jpeg

These new wheels are designed for improved aero efficiency by reducing wheel drag.

A few launches and that efficiency gain is lost lol. Little things like that make no noticeable difference to range.

But they make a noticeable difference to aesthetics which is very important.

So the slight gain is actually a huge loss because now this rim looks ugly compared to the previous sport rim and most people will probably opt for it so newer Model 3's will now be seen with this less cool looking rim.

Good thing @Tsportline exists

Just opened up the Tesla configurator for the Netherlands and it's updated to the new wheels and black trim! Also looks like the Aero covers got an update? They look more "flat" than before to me?

Screenshot_20201016_074307.jpg

It also confirms the electric boot in text, but no mention of a heat pump

Reactions: imola.zhp
I already placed my order last week with the 19 inch wheels, but I will call my SA to update the design to the new refresh, and some people already got their design auto updated. In my opinion the wheel looks better on Tesla's configurator then the images from last week, anyways doesn't matter to me I will be blacking my wheels out regardless.

Reactions: imola.zhp
I already placed my order last week with the 19 inch wheels, but I will call my SA to update the design to the new refresh, and some people already got their design auto updated. In my opinion the wheel looks better on Tesla's configurator then the images from last week, anyways doesn't matter to me I will be blacking my wheels out regardless.

Agreed, spy photos never really look that great, things usually look better once officially revealed. Someone posted a photo of a Dodge caravan console that is close to the new 3 console and went on and on about how they disliked it. Everyone chimed in with the same dislike, but its always like that at first "OMG SO NASTY!" and then after release the same exact people "OMG HOW DO I RETROFIT?"