Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Order Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one that is not able to access the new configurator? I've tried clearing cache & cookies in multiple browsers. I always get forwarded to the "old" Design Studio.

I'm using Safari and haven't figured out a way to stop the loading either, so the charts provided here were helpful.

I am confused though. It looks like the only way you can get a Sunroof now is to buy a P model? We have a 75D with AWD, EAP and SAS so the closest config for us now if we were trying to order our same car would be the Premium with a bump in mileage range. Wouldn't care about the wheels but would want to get the Sunroof. To me from the chart posted it looks like they standardized the glass roof for all packages except the Performance and that you don't have a choice on that. And the P would be over 50K more in price from what we paid.

Wonder what they are including in the PUP package going forward. At the time we felt ours was worth it to us because we got the air filtration we wanted, the ventilated seats I wanted, the power lift gate, and the lighting options were nice.

Last edited:
I'm using Safari and haven't figured out a way to stop the loading either, so the charts provided here were helpful.

I am confused though. It looks like the only way you can get a Sunroof now is to buy a P model? We have a 75D with AWD, EAP and SAS so the closest config for us now if we were trying to order our same car would be the Premium with a bump in mileage range. Wouldn't care about the wheels but would want to get the Sunroof. To me from the chart posted it looks like they standardized the glass roof for all packages except the Performance and that you don't have a choice on that. And the P would be over 50K more in price from what we paid.

Wonder what they are including in the PUP package going forward. At the time we felt ours was worth it to us because we got the air filtration we wanted, the ventilated seats I wanted, the power lift gate, and the lighting options were nice.
You still have access to full custom order from this new website, but it says "may extend delivery time"

Reactions: SMAlset
It's hard to see exactly how standardizing configurations would save money in production the way Model S is built. One way to make sense of this is that Tesla can pre make cars in these configurations and from time to time add cars in transit and this way smooth out and shorten delivery times. Another benefit is interchangeability between orders/fulfilling new orders with cancelled orders.

Reactions: vigge50
It appears this is still in development mode, and as mentioned before, this is just an attempt to streamline the ordering/manufacturing process for a mass market. It had to happen, if Tesla wants to produce and sell large numbers. They didn't take away the custom ordering option, but instead they're just trying to make it easier for half-a-million people to order their cars quickly, if they want to. For the current owners out there: do you remember how long you spent toiling over each option and configuration before you pulled the trigger?