Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Review on IGN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video one says there are two gears, forward and reverse. Of course this is not correct. The electric motor spins F and R. It is not done by changing gears.

Photographed nicely (except for the frunk) And a great set of reviews Ryan!

First off, great reviews so far!

You make mention, during the touch screen review, that you never touched the volume control on the bottom right of the touch screen. That one, I think, is what I call the spousal veto control. Basically, the passenger (in my case my wife most often) can turn down the radio to tell you to slow down, speed up or that she want Jerusalem marble in the master bathroom. And yes, all of these things have happened in my Model S.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I quite appreciate it! I regret making a few minor errors (in the case of the sunroof, I meant that you access the sunroof control through the bottom-row menu), but all told I am really happy with how the videos came out. I was getting over a sinus infection that week so I hope my narration on the videos sounds OK...

Someone was kind enough to link to the video review earlier in the thread, but I did also write a monstrous 3,500-word written review too if anyone is curious. Here's a link to that (and it has both the video review and the other 3 videos from earlier in the week embedded in it; it's a one-stop shop! :smile: )

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/tesla-model-s-review

Unfortunately I probably won't be in a position to afford a Tesla until Gen3, but at least I got to live the dream for four days while reviewing this car, so I'm thankful for that opportunity. I hope all of you lucky Model S owners make a daily effort to not take this amazing vehicle for granted.

Thanks again for reading/watching!

P.S. And yes, I kept a VERY close eye on the Comments for each article/video and did my best to steer the conversations in a positive direction. Amazingly, it seemed to work rather well!

Really, really good video. Like the other people said I have seen a lot of these and yours was awesome. Your comments about the Apple iphone 1.0 struck a chord with me. It is good to remember what a jump Tesla has on the competition.

Great review Ryan.

<<<< Not surprisingly this guy bought an original iPhone (before the price drop even!). I still have it. It's now a "toy" phone and handy backup web browser we leave in our daughter's room. Some day, 12 years from now when she's old enough to drive, she might just very well inherit the Model S, too. Sure, it'll have quite a bit less range and power by then. And that'll be just fine.

Until then, there's not a day in the last 6 months I've had this car that I don't get a little excited each morning at the prospect of driving it.

Really, really good video. Like the other people said I have seen a lot of these and yours was awesome. Your comments about the Apple iphone 1.0 struck a chord with me. It is good to remember what a jump Tesla has on the competition.

Me too. I don't know if the car will have such similar advances as the phone, I guess there's not a why not reason, but with Apple the upgrades came so swiftly, I hope Tesla will do the same.

For example, the original "2G" iPhone lacked 3G capability as it's main caveat, the 3G lacked speed of operation, hence the 3GS, the 4 was a redesign and enhanced the OS significantly as well as camera functions, the 4S did everything faster, and the 5 now has a larger screen and the first 4G LTE.

I don't think there's much lacking in the Tesla, for now, but as technology goes forward at the alarming pace it has been, I think we will crave more from the Tesla than the standard it has already become. The difference though, is I hope for the ability to retrofit and software update as much as possible, a $115k car is much different than an at max $600 phone.