Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Configuration and Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing OA is owner advisor? You'd have the proper customer services skills, it's not like we are buying $30k honda's, people forking down over $100k for an suv should expect the highest level of customer care :)
Oh sweet. It was a compliment. I’ll take it. Haha

How about Owner Ambassador? Lol

I get just as frustrated as the rest. I just happen to be annoying enough to get answers from Tesla when I can and share the info.

Reactions: spectrum and P85_DA
You are correct in basic terms. Tesla will log more detailed information to NHTSA (I'm not sure about Australia) for each VIN. This is why auto dealers, insurance companies carfax and others can pull specific information about your vehicle with just the VIN. Try this link with your VIN and see if your options are correct.
Basic terms? The VIN does not contain any more information aside from what I posted. PUP is not recorded in the VIN

I'm guessing OA is owner advisor? You'd have the proper customer services skills, it's not like we are buying $30k honda's, people forking down over $100k for an suv should expect the highest level of customer care :)

I work in retail and its always funny that people equate customer care with employees breaking the rules to do you favors.

This sucks for recent builds/delivery who paid for PUP.

Looking ahead, it seems to me Tesla's strategy for the winding down of tax credits could be to make more options standard at a reduced overall cost. If true, AP could be standard later on with an increase of $2-3K in price. That plus the PUP would be a $5K "discount" compared to option price.

Ok so regional manager for Europe said no adjustment can be made to orders in that don’t get new pricing. However they have said I can transfer my order to any car currently being shipped without an owner. So I can get new pricing as long as not the order I placed.
Yes, you've always been able to transfer to an inventory car (one without an owner) without losing your deposit. Doesn't seem to be many of them around lately though.

This sucks for recent builds/delivery who paid for PUP.

Looking ahead, it seems to me Tesla's strategy for the winding down of tax credits could be to make more options standard at a reduced overall cost. If true, AP could be standard later on with an increase of $2-3K in price. That plus the PUP would be a $5K "discount" compared to option price.
this is also consistently how tesla has been...it's always going to get better the longer that they're around. by that i mean they will make more items standard and (possibly) for less money. during this transition phase there's always a group of buyers that feels they're getting the blunt end of the stick, but i promise you it's for the betterment of Tesla.

think about it this way, when i got my car i got the "PUP" but back in 2016 there was no premium sound included or winter package included...now it's all wrapped in. :) basically premium got me an upgraded dash and cooled seats, lol

Reactions: Kacey Green
so... anyone take delivery yet of a unicorn? i.e. ordered without premium package, but ended up getting it anyways since the switch over at factory to build with premium by default...

and also what happened to folks who ordered premium, did you guys get the price adjustment down? thx

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
so... anyone take delivery yet of a unicorn? i.e. ordered without premium package, but ended up getting it anyways since the switch over at factory to build with premium by default...

and also what happened to folks who ordered premium, did you guys get the price adjustment down? thx
I ordered with premium. Had to cancel my order and transfer my deposit to a new order. Set back my delivery by a month.

Reactions: spectrum

I ordered withOUT premium. Had to cancel my order and eat my deposit. Set back my delivery by a month:) In fact it just entered production this week.

Out of curiosity why do this? The base price increase is $3500 with PUP as standard, so if you eat the $2500 deposit you've essentially paid the same amount but now you're getting your car a month later.
I did not lose my deposit. Transferred the deposit to the new order. Also transferred my lifetime of connectivity to the new order. Along with free super charging.

Reactions: Kacey Green

When did you order? Take delivery? We ordered on 7/18 and hope to take delivery on 9/5.

I’m hoping for one. Ordered June 30 without PUP. Delivery set for Sept 12.