Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X - Did they fix the shudder problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my half shafts/clevis mounts replaced with newest parts from TSB. After only 2 months, the shudder is back when flooring it in ludicrous, and this week even a bit of grinding sound. I drive in standard suspension mode up to 90mph. This was likely a mistake, I should be driving in Low suspension mode always. Maybe I'll change to always Low suspension today, but I hope the ride is not rougher then.
Same here - latest parts received in July, now, 17k km later, we're back again with a shudder and a rattle (grinding, maybe) - on low only, not on very low. Back to the SeC next wednesday...

The repair of the front half axels and bearings was completed about 1,500 miles ago... not a long time but so far so good. It doesn't seem to matter what height I set or how hard I accelerate... no shudder. The only problem I had with this repair, other than 4 days, was the day after I drove it home from the service center I was about to go out and when I turned on the car I received several messages about brake system not working, cruise control not working, traction control disabled, etc... so the car was taken back to SC and the next day they called to say that the wheel speed sensor had NOT been correctly put back on when they were doing the repair. Quality work!
So the big question I have is IF they have a repair kit that "works" and if they are aware of it, why does the problem still exist?

I have a 2016 MX P90DL with 61k miles. Front half shafts and clevis mount were replaced two months and 1000 miles ago. Vehicle regularly driven in normal height. Vehicle is already shuddering under acceleration in Ludicrous mode.

When I used to drive the vehicle with aftermarket 20" wheels with oversized 255/50/20 front and 275/50/20 rears at Very Low setting I had absolutely no problem with shudder or accelerated tire wear. I only have the shudder problems when using the OEM 21s. The overall driving feel of the Model X is so much nicer with the oversized tires.

Attachments

• 20230111_163608.jpg
    20230111_163608.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 69
I have a 2016 MX P90DL with 61k miles. Front half shafts and clevis mount were replaced two months and 1000 miles ago. Vehicle regularly driven in normal height. Vehicle is already shuddering under acceleration in Ludicrous mode.

When I used to drive the vehicle with aftermarket 20" wheels with oversized 255/50/20 front and 275/50/20 rears at Very Low setting I had absolutely no problem with shudder or accelerated tire wear. I only have the shudder problems when using the OEM 21s. The overall driving feel of the Model X is so much nicer with the oversized tires.
Which rims and from where ?? Coming up on new tires (again) might give this a try.