Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Color in US - Stealth Grey / Ultra red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its going to be the same color as the stealth grey already being discussed in threads in the model S / X subforums:

Reactions: brkaus
Just got an email from Tesla
There are 2 new colors for the Y

Stealth Grey
Ultra Red

I recently got a Model S with Stealth GRey after Tesla switched my Oder from Midnight Silver. I really like the new color
Friends got a Model S with the Utra Red and I think it’s stunning

Looks like pretty subtle variation on the same old to me. How about British Racing green, bright yellow, sky blue, some two-tone combinations? I love reds (albeit not $2k worth), but the incredibly boring black/white/gray rut that the entire industry seems to have fallen into for the last couple of decades is really getting tired and dated. Seems like time to have more fun with cars again. Yet another variation on gray doesn't cut it.

Why didn't they use the american spelling of "gray"?

Anyway, glad they are updating colors, but would still like to see more options - Green and actual Silver would be good additions.
I don’t think it a question of ability to provide more colors. It’s rather of a cost conscious and efficiency mindset overwhelming that of marketing / flash. Although Tesla can try to be all things to all consumers, I as an investor appreciate its discipline and restraint…to try not to be.