TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Montreal Supercharger under construction at Place Vertu

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Buzzz, May 3, 2016.

1. Buzzz

Buzzz Member

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  2. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

I feel like such an idiot... I live 2 minutes from there, I noticed the construction weeks ago, assumed they would be for Circuit Electrique stations.

There were never any workers when I went shopping though...

That parking lot is a bit of a congested nightmare at peak hours, curious to see how people will respect the signage.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Careful with the nav system which might try to direct you to an apartment complex with the same name a few km away.

• Informative x 1
  4. slyastro

slyastro Member

Thanks for sharing this good news Buzzz!

5. inottawa

inottawa Member

This seems strange to me. Why put supercharger in a mall parking garage?

Wouldn't this be 1: hard to get into 2: higher risk of being ICE'd?

6. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

It's not a garage. It is just one ground level that happens to be sheltered from snow and ice.

Yes, like in the case of many other shopping center superchargers there will be a chance of ICEing.

On the other hand, where else can you find space for 12 covered stalls in a place like Montreal where real estate is so expensive?

7. Monsieur X

Monsieur X Member

Super news ! Thank you for the update Buzzz
    This will help Place Vertu shopping Mall business

8. Buzzz

Buzzz Member

9. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

Fantastic I have relatives across the street and I know where I will park when visiting them.

• Dislike x 1
  10. Buzzz

Buzzz Member

Park? You are suppose to charge and move away when done.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. wayner

wayner Active Member

A great reason to keep your visits to the relatives short - "I would love to stay but my phone just indicated that my car is done charging - see you later"

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
  12. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

It's a perfect reason to avoid family discussions that get too personal. "Oh, I have to go, the car just called."

13. Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode Member

hummmm let me think... no...

• Helpful x 2
  14. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hello everyone,

First, let me say thank you Tesla for building the electric infrastructure that most governments don't have the courage to do. Tesla didn't have to do that and many people don't understand that. I don't see BMW nor GM nor Nissan, to name just these three, building any kind of electric infrastructure...

This being said, I can't say I'm really happy with this choice of location. I live in Bois-Francs which is 2 mins away from this SC so I most likely won't be using it anyway. I avoid going to Adonis like the plague because, in part, of that parking lot. There are other places around that shopping mall where they could have put it. The people that drive there are impolite and dangerous. High likelihood of both icing and getting your car dinged. Had they put it in an open space, still around there (remote spot at the Canadian Tire parking spot), there would have been need for snow removal, yes, but much less likely to be iced and much nicer experience overall.

Also, it is pretty far away from the highway system for Montreal if you're thinking that people will be using it for transit through Montreal. I agree with the people who mention having one at Dix30 and in Vaudreuil-Dorion at the junction of the 40/30 in the West Island. Lastly, where are the Ottawa and Quebec SCs???

Regards,

Bertrand

15. Phillip L

Phillip L Member

My drives in la Belle Province usually entail either driving to Montreal itself or traversing the province to go to the Maritimes. Sounds like the thing to do is to avoid this one altogether. Cornwall to either Magog or Drummondville is very doable in the summer, though it would be nice to be stopping to use the rapid charging of a more depleted battery, but would not outweigh the benefits of using Route 30 to skirt south of the island. These discussions, like yours here, on Tesla Motors Club are invaluable for making reasonable decisions on travel plans. Thank you.

16. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That is a rather sweeping generalization.

• Like x 1
  17. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hi @ecarfan,

You need to have experienced it. I have! Too many times and that is why I try to avoid this place as much as I can.

Thanks.

Bertrand

18. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

UPDATE!!!
    Hello,
    Thought I would give you an update on this site.
    I dropped by the SC today to check on progress. There will be 12 stalls and the way they are positioned, in case they are busy, will be a nice use of auto park. There seems to be 2 in each row that are really close to each other meaning that they may be planned to be charging on opposite side and not side by side.
    You see here that it is on the ground floor of a 2 level parking lot (2nd level is closed anyway).
    The foreman told me it would be ready in 1 month and made a joke that "This is not Hydro-Quebec". I totally agree with him.
    Hope this is useful.
    B

IMG_2996.JPG IMG_2997.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  19. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Definitely will make good use of this one!

20. Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode Member

best of luck with the traffic surrounding that area...

Again, bad choice for SC...