Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Multi-Pattern seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried the new mutli-pattern Premium seats? I tried the old version of the multi-pattern and I did not love them, but it did not have the nice new bolstering. I would prefer them for their ability to hold up over the long haul, but I am nervous about ordering them and not liking them. I found the older version to be a bit scratchy and hard for cloth, and not soft like nicer cloth seats.

The material is the same so if you didn't like the previous generation, you won't like the new one. The biggest difference between the two is the bolstering which comes down to personal taste. I prefer the previous generation because I have wide hips and on longer drives the bolstering around my hips starts to become uncomfortable with the new seats. Tesla does not offer a soft cloth option.

Call your local show room(s) and see if they have some you can try.

Has anyone ever seen cloth seats in a Tesla showroom vehicle? I couldn't find any when I was ordering my car. Maybe they exist, but I think CardGuy was better off asking here.

Another idea: seek out any local Tesla events and owners' clubs. You might get lucky and run into an owner with the latest multi-pattern seats, and if you ask nicely maybe you can try them for yourself.

I just picked up my MS with the new seats. It was the first off the line because the seats were released after my car went into production and they kindly took the car off the line while waiting for the newer generation seats to come in.

My wife and I agree that even though the materials are the same, there is an night and day difference in the seat quality and comfort with the new seats. Much better bolstering. If you're not obese, you'll love them! Can post pics later...

Has anyone ever seen cloth seats in a Tesla showroom vehicle? I couldn't find any when I was ordering my car. Maybe they exist, but I think CardGuy was better off asking here.

Another idea: seek out any local Tesla events and owners' clubs. You might get lucky and run into an owner with the latest multi-pattern seats, and if you ask nicely maybe you can try them for yourself.

I have the MP seats on the new car I just picked up. While the materials look top notch and really has a nice overall look, I'm not a fan of the overall comfort.

That said I find the leather to be worse, its too rigid feeling for me, and the leather seems to pick up heat/cold quite easily depending on the weather so I wouldn't pick it without the SBZ and vented seats (which are no longer an option it seems), so between the two, I prefer the new MPB seats.

I'm still fiddling with it everyday to find the optimum position, so far the lower back bolstering is too much for me even on the lowest setting and the lack of extendable thigh support is another feature I miss from my previous car. It does seem to fare better in a more upright position rather than reclined position compared to other sports sedan style seating I'm used to.

Maybe its just a matter of time to get used to these and maybe break them in

I just picked up my MS with the new seats. It was the first off the line because the seats were released after my car went into production and they kindly took the car off the line while waiting for the newer generation seats to come in.

My wife and I agree that even though the materials are the same, there is an night and day difference in the seat quality and comfort with the new seats. Much better bolstering. If you're not obese, you'll love them! Can post pics later...

@MelaniainLA,

Yes....would love to see photos from different angles!

Ski

I have the MP seats on the new car I just picked up. While the materials look top notch and really has a nice overall look, I'm not a fan of the overall comfort.

That said I find the leather to be worse, its too rigid feeling for me, and the leather seems to pick up heat/cold quite easily depending on the weather so I wouldn't pick it without the SBZ and vented seats (which are no longer an option it seems), so between the two, I prefer the new MPB seats.

I'm still fiddling with it everyday to find the optimum position, so far the lower back bolstering is too much for me even on the lowest setting and the lack of extendable thigh support is another feature I miss from my previous car. It does seem to fare better in a more upright position rather than reclined position compared to other sports sedan style seating I'm used to.

Maybe its just a matter of time to get used to these and maybe break them in

@davinci2017,

Would appreciate some photos if these are the new MultiPattern seats.

Ski

They're structurally the same seats as the leather so if you like the MPB seat material and the leather seat comfort, you'll be all set.

I did not like the material feel of the old MP seats, so that is why I was curious if the new MP seats feel any better. I found the old ones material to be a bit hard and scratchy. I have sat in a BMW with fabric seats and Ioved them, they were soft and almost felt like a nice high quality velvet. I was hoping the new ones don't have that hard scratchy feel.

Well after reading up more, I suppose I have the older seats in my car? Guess my car was made "before" the new seats went into production?

20170204_150848.jpg

Not knowing what the new ones are, I guess i don't know if they are any better but man is this annoying, you'd think if you bought the latest car from inventory, then its all standard, geez

IMG_8241.JPG
IMG_8240.JPG
IMG_8239.JPG
Well after reading up more, I suppose I have the older seats in my car? Guess my car was made "before" the new seats went into production?

View attachment 213358
Not knowing what the new ones are, I guess i don't know if they are any better but man is this annoying, you'd think if you bought the latest car from inventory, then its all standard, geez

Yep. So sorry -- I had ordered the S60 before the price increase, then immediately after it went into production saw the new seats (photos attached below). I contacted Musk directlty and his office stepped in and resolved it for me. Amazing service!

They're dramatically different -- see below. I love them. The headrests even move up and down automatically based on how far back the seat is positioned, in line with all the other Tesla seats.

Reactions: JPUConn
View attachment 213382 View attachment 213381 View attachment 213380

Yep. So sorry -- I had ordered the S60 before the price increase, then immediately after it went into production saw the new seats (photos attached below). I contacted Musk directlty and his office stepped in and resolved it for me. Amazing service!

They're dramatically different -- see below. I love them. The headrests even move up and down automatically based on how far back the seat is positioned, in line with all the other Tesla seats.

Those new Mutli-Pattern cloth seats look great; thanks for the pictures.

I think Tesla may be making their own seats now vs. buying from a vendor. Now if they could just add adjustable thigh supports like the sport seats on our old 3 Series . . . .

(And, of course, the ventilation features. Come on, those are essential for hot climates and are quite obviously missing at this price point, even for a base MS 60 for heaven's sake. Even with pre-cooling, there's so much thermal mass in the seats that the dreaded back sweat drip comes within seconds.)

Wow really? You had it swapped? how am I supposed to even know this or expect this? It's just ridiculous. I called them to check and they just say "sorry too bad". This is real poor form IMO, my Tesla experience so far has been quite botched. Not feeling the love, more like "surprise sucker" every day.

Sigh...

Reactions: MIT_S60

Those seats look fantastic! Definitely have me considering changing my tan leather to those. How do you find sitting on the material? Does it feel soft and comfortable to sit on, or does it have a harder feel? I felt like when I sat on the older version, I could actually feel the texture in the MP seats. That was a showroom car so they had probably been sat on by a million people, so very curious how they feel on yorur car. Thanks for the pics!!

Great question! Very comfortable actually. My wife and I are very happy with them. Sure if you run your fingers along the textile part of the seats, they don't feel like soft leather, but instead you're enveloped in comfort. Highly recommended.

Those seats look fantastic! Definitely have me considering changing my tan leather to those. How do you find sitting on the material? Does it feel soft and comfortable to sit on, or does it have a harder feel? I felt like when I sat on the older version, I could actually feel the texture in the MP seats. That was a showroom car so they had probably been sat on by a million people, so very curious how they feel on yorur car. Thanks for the pics!!

I also like how they look. I sat in a demo car that had them ( after we have taken delivery of our 75D with leather), I also liked them a lot. Plus I am tired of cleaning and treating leather seats.

How is the stitching uniformity and quality? Is it as bad as previous versions of Tesla seats? I would think that with even more bolstering, a shoddy job would look even worse. I have the previous MP seats, and it looks like a drunk person put them together.

Also, does the non-fabric part of the seat (vinyl, I believe), look to be the same, or have they made it look a little more like leather?