Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am expecting my new company car next Wednesday, a MY long range. This is a new job for me and I only start in January.

My question is when I receive the car I will not have any access to my work emails and the car is a lease hire though the company.

Will I still be able to link the car to my phone etc when I take delivery or is there information I need to ask the company for ahead of time that may be sitting in my email box ?

I am expecting my new company car next Wednesday, a MY long range. This is a new job for me and I only start in January.

My question is when I receive the car I will not have any access to my work emails and the car is a lease hire though the company.

Will I still be able to link the car to my phone etc when I take delivery or is there information I need to ask the company for ahead of time that may be sitting in my email box ?
The car itself doesn’t receive emails, only texts and phone calls when linked to your phone
would be worth a call to the company to get the ball rolling

The car itself doesn’t receive emails, only texts and phone calls when linked to your phone
would be worth a call to the company to get the ball rolling
Thanks. I was more talking about setting up the app on my phone and linking the car. Do I need any emails or info from Tesla to do that as I will only have the car and my phone ?

You may already have it but you'll need a Tesla account and share the email address of that with the lease company.

As it's a company car you may be in the situation where the lease company has your work email address and you've used a personal one with Tesla - if thats the case then talk to the lease company.

They (the lease company) will allocate the car to the email address they have (it's used as an account Id and whilst you'll get an email from Tesla when the cars been added, you don;t need to do anything with that information). As soon as they do that the car will appear in the Tesla account.

You'll be given keycards when you pick up the car so you can use the car anyway, and when the car appears in your account you can then go through the fairly simple steps of registering your phone as a key,

TL;DR You need a Tesla account using the same email address the lease company will use to register the car to you, the app installed on your phone, and be logged in. The car will appear automatically once the lease company do their thing at or soon after collection.

Reactions: Kssquared
You may already have it but you'll need a Tesla account and share the email address of that with the lease company.

As it's a company car you may be in the situation where the lease company has your work email address and you've used a personal one with Tesla - if thats the case then talk to the lease company.

They (the lease company) will allocate the car to the email address they have (it's used as an account Id and whilst you'll get an email from Tesla when the cars been added, you don;t need to do anything with that information). As soon as they do that the car will appear in the Tesla account.

You'll be given keycards when you pick up the car so you can use the car anyway, and when the car appears in your account you can then go through the fairly simple steps of registering your phone as a key,

TL;DR You need a Tesla account using the same email address the lease company will use to register the car to you, the app installed on your phone, and be logged in. The car will appear automatically once the lease company do their thing at or soon after collection.
Great thank you. So I expect they will use my company email address which I already know but don't have access to but it seems that is not necessary. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

Great thank you. So I expect they will use my company email address which I already know but don't have access to but it seems that is not necessary. Hopefully it's as simple as that.
How much supercharging will you do? Do you need it to get home from pickup location or will it be delivered? State of charge of new cars varies.

You might have to add a personal credit card to your account until you sort it out with work (but most people use their own card anyway). You can do this ahead of time in the app.

How much supercharging will you do? Do you need it to get home from pickup location or will it be delivered? State of charge of new cars varies.

You might have to add a personal credit card to your account until you sort it out with work (but most people use their own card anyway). You can do this ahead of time in the app.
Thanks. I have created a login using my personal email address but reading above I'm guessing I will have to make a new account with the work one.

Hi,

I have my company MY through LeasePlan, although I have access to my company emails so not really the same position.

You can just go to the Tesla app and create the account with your work email, I just checked and don’t see a 2 factor email so hopefully you don’t need access to work emails to get going. You should then see your car in the app and the delivery details, interestingly though I had to organise my delivery so I wonder if they used your work email or maybe the Fleet managers.

Then when you get the car whilst your in it the app will prompt you to setup mobile key.