Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Updates Model 3 Online Configurator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in TN and got my invite to order my model 3 yesterday. Working with the wife to decide on color (we are between blue and midnight silver). However, I noticed that the configurator is different today than yesterday. Hoping this means new options coming soon... what do you think?

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG

Nifty! Are the not-yet-available battery/drivetrain options selectable? If so, do the range/acceleration numbers change if you select a different configuration?

They are not available to select (greyed out and nothing happens when you click). I am really debating waiting for dual motors and would love something other than wood trim on the dash. To be honest either one of those changes I think would make me order without hesitation. That said, likely will just make the jump soon now.

• Informative
Reactions: Bokonon
Did they ever say white would be available for Standard? I thought that was going to be an option for the AWD version only.

I do think having all the info like what you get with AP and then with EAP is helpful for those configuring. If you pass on EAP now because you think it's too expensive, changing your mind later and paying an extra $1K makes less sense. Since FSD I don't see being out and really ready for some time, I think makes more sense to wait on and paying the extra $1K for that.

Reactions: Dr. J
How did you get this pic? I was invited to configure also but I can't click on the dual motor option in my configurator. It's greyed out. Is dual motor available for employees to configure now?

Also, the dual motor chassis diagram looks like a "Performance" design because the rear motor is the same size as the standard RWD unit and the front motor looks like it's taking up the entire space between the two front wheels. The standard dual motor chassis for S/X uses smaller motors for front/rear and the performance version uses the larger motors.

• Informative
Reactions: Garlan Garner