Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - West Sand Lake Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just drove by. Still no meter. :(

Does anyone know if these are the only remaining tasks and the estimated duration for each?..

x. Meter Installed
y. Station Operational
z. Station Shows up on Car Maps

There has to be an official "Commissioning" after the meter is installed by a Tesla engineer, then it will be functional and then show up on the map. Usually it takes a couple of hours to overnight for it to show up on the map after Commissioning, but once the engineer is done with their part it is technically a functional Supercharger. I am coming down in mid-March and really hope this gets placed online by then.

I just drove by. Still no meter. :(

Does anyone know if these are the only remaining tasks and the estimated duration for each?..

x. Meter Installed
y. Station Operational
z. Station Shows up on Car Maps
There has to be an official "Commissioning" after the meter is installed by a Tesla engineer, then it will be functional and then show up on the map. Usually it takes a couple of hours to overnight for it to show up on the map after Commissioning, but once the engineer is done with their part it is technically a functional Supercharger. I am coming down in mid-March and really hope this gets placed online by then.

Hi Bruce,

ASUComputerGuy's response is correct. In addition, after the meter is installed the Supercharger Station will usually be operational even before the official commissioning. On rare occasions a Supercharger will briefly be operational, but fails testing and is temporarily decommissioned until the problem can be resolved.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: BBryson
067267A0-6909-477B-888B-061986C0CD40.jpeg

I guess working on the meter is a good sign...

Got an insight from the Duke Energy employee on site today:
Was supposed to open “in a few days”, but...

He can’t get the conductor through the conduit since it is somehow blocked. The contractor did a shitty job (beside mounting the wrong meter housing).
Therefore Duke needs to contact the contractor to have the conduit fixed before they can mount the meter and get the cables in...

After that they can finish all the connection and get it online!

Best case scenario finished by the end of THIS week. But more realistic within two weeks to be online and working! This is just the employees guess...

Sorry for the bad news but I think it’s a good thing that we now know where we are at!