Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner Model Y owner with some questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my model Y this week and I am loving it, however there a couple of things I havent been able to work out.

1. When I have Bluetooth audio playing and put the car in park, then open the door the audio keeps playing, albeit much quieter. Is there a way to make it stop when you either put it in park or open the drivers door?

2. A lot of the time the car doesn't auto unlock when I come to it with my phone in my pocket, it does occasionally, but 9/10 times I have to put my phone against the door pillar to unlock it.

3. When watching YouTube in the car at a charger or parked up, how do you come back out of the YouTube app? The only way I have found is to put the car in Drive or Reverse?

2. make sure your bluetooth is on and app open? (does not need to be the active app, but if it is not working, make the app active). It's pretty spotty for me too, but usually I forgot to turn bluetooth back on (headphone conflicts, I leave bluetooth off while working).

I took delivery of my model Y this week and I am loving it, however there a couple of things I havent been able to work out.

1. When I have Bluetooth audio playing and put the car in park, then open the door the audio keeps playing, albeit much quieter. Is there a way to make it stop when you either put it in park or open the drivers door?

2. A lot of the time the car doesn't auto unlock when I come to it with my phone in my pocket, it does occasionally, but 9/10 times I have to put my phone against the door pillar to unlock it.

3. When watching YouTube in the car at a charger or parked up, how do you come back out of the YouTube app? The only way I have found is to put the car in Drive or Reverse?
2. Make sure your phone doesn't put the app to sleep and that itnhas permissions to run in the background