Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner, slightly confused

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Evening all. I took delivery of a 2018 75d with EAP on Saturday, and I absolutely love it. However, I am slightly confused about what I should be expecting to see with autopilot. It is a April 2018 registered car, which I think may just tip it into ap2.5 hw, and it has auto steer, and summon on it. However, being EAP, I was also expecting NOA......is this right or have I got it completely wrong? I have the premium seats, but I also thought that premium seating came as part of the package with rear seat and steering wheel heating - I have front seat heating but nothing else? Many thanks

Good Evening all. I took delivery of a 2018 75d with EAP on Saturday, and I absolutely love it. However, I am slightly confused about what I should be expecting to see with autopilot. It is a April 2018 registered car, which I think may just tip it into ap2.5 hw, and it has auto steer, and summon on it. However, being EAP, I was also expecting NOA......is this right or have I got it completely wrong? I have the premium seats, but I also thought that premium seating came as part of the package with rear seat and steering wheel heating - I have front seat heating but nothing else? Many thanks

I believe NOA is part of Enhanced Autopilot which is a paid upgrade if the original owner did not purchase it. Take a look in your Tesla account online to see if there is an upgrade option available.

Thanks for the answers. I must have got mixed up with the cold weather package! However, I do have EAP, but cannot see NOA, will need to speak to Tesla. Unfortunately, the transfer of ownership is taking some time, so I do not have my car associated with my account yet, and I cannot use the app as yet, but looking forward to when I can.

Thanks for the answers. I must have got mixed up with the cold weather package! However, I do have EAP, but cannot see NOA, will need to speak to Tesla. Unfortunately, the transfer of ownership is taking some time, so I do not have my car associated with my account yet, and I cannot use the app as yet, but looking forward to when I can.
Welcome. You aren't alone. Lots of new owners are confused for quite a while after getting a Tesla. With help from the forum and other members, you slowly but surely learn all the tricks out these fabulous cars, and the software keeps getting better (aside an occasional quirk sneaking into the updates).

Reactions: P85_DA
Yes, Welcome aboard @Torchsong!

On the heated seats, if you tap the fan icon on your MCU, there are two tabs on your left, one on top of each other. The bottom tab is the Cold Weather Package where it shows a graphic of the interior of your car and you can touch the seats to turn on and off. Do you have that? If so, that's where you'll find the heated steering wheel.

Enjoy your Tesla and good luck!

Thanks everyone. I can say for sure that I don't have the cold weather package, which is a shame but not a deal breaker at all. As regards NOA, my impression was that I would be able to see a setting for it in the Autopilot settings screen, and it definitely isn't there. As I have Autosteer and Summon, I'm confused as to why NOA would not be there too as part of EAP?

Did the build sheet call out EAP? I ask because my understanding is that NoA was grandfathered in for owners of cars with EAP when the feature re-division happened (along with a couple other ones). A current purchase comes with AP only which include basic summon and Autosteer.

Yes, Welcome aboard @Torchsong!

On the heated seats, if you tap the fan icon on your MCU, there are two tabs on your left, one on top of each other. The bottom tab is the Cold Weather Package where it shows a graphic of the interior of your car and you can touch the seats to turn on and off. Do you have that? If so, that's where you'll find the heated steering wheel.

Enjoy your Tesla and good luck!
They consolidated the HVAC tabs back in 2019.8.3 or so, about 3 months ago.

Unless something has changed recently, NoA requires the FSD feature:

Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What's the difference now?
EAP vs FSD upgrade

Then again, there's this tweet from EM himself:

Elon Musk on Twitter

Check your vehicle purchase agreement, there should be 2 lines if you have the full package: one for EAP and one for FSD.

You can always purchase FSD in addition to EAP to take the gigantic leap of faith or buy the promise of the future (I did) :)
This car is from 2018 and cars purchased with EAP should include the NoA functionality. NoA wasn't moved to FSD until earlier this year.

Unless something has changed recently, NoA requires the FSD feature:

Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What's the difference now?
EAP vs FSD upgrade

Then again, there's this tweet from EM himself:

Elon Musk on Twitter

Check your vehicle purchase agreement, there should be 2 lines if you have the full package: one for EAP and one for FSD.

You can always purchase FSD in addition to EAP to take the gigantic leap of faith or buy the promise of the future (I did) :)

Yeah, but that Tweet is about the pre-existing owners.

This car is from 2018 and cars purchased with EAP should include the NoA functionality. NoA wasn't moved to FSD until earlier this year.

Right, but where does an 2018 EAP car purchased in 2019 fall on the scale of features?

Yeah, but that Tweet is about the pre-existing owners.

Right, but where does an 2018 EAP car purchased in 2019 fall on the scale of features?
Based on what the OP posted, I would think that the car came with EAP. All cars with EAP should have NoA. Once EAP was discontinued in 2019, then any future cars would only have AP and FSD as options. There would be no mention of EAP on a car that can only have AP or FSD.

Based on what the OP posted, I would think that the car came with EAP. All cars with EAP should have NoA. Once EAP was discontinued in 2019, then any future cars would only have AP and FSD as options. There would be no mention of EAP on a car that can only have AP or FSD.

Ideally, yes. However the car still can have the option code that corresponds to EAP. So does it have the EAP of AP + 3 features for legacy owners. Or the EAP of AP ness that was later included in the base vehicle?
And if it does change, does that improve the desirableness of private party sales?

I have no answer for that.

...I would be able to see a setting for it in the Autopilot settings screen, and it definitely isn't there...

Yes. Certainly. If in the "Autopilot" menu, you can see "Summon" then there should be "Navigate on Autopilot" above it.

ZphIPML.jpg

In the old days, you could talk to human over the phone to fix it over the phone but nowadays, I think you'll just need to make an appointment with Service Center and they'll fix it for you (they'll fix it over the phone but that's how you can get a human to fix a simple over-the-phone issue.)