Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner with an SR+ and AutoPilot question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm excited to be the new owner of a Model 3 SR+ that I took delivery of last night. So far I am extremely impressed, this thing is unlike any other car ever owned. I'm not hard to impress, though… Not normally in the luxury market, but some debilitating neuropathy in my hands has made it challenging to drive on long trips with a regular car. So the autopilot is the biggest reason I'm here, and after about 40 miles on rural highways I am extremely impressed.

I didn't spring for the FSD option, so I was a little surprised last night to see summon and Navigate on Autopilot available in my car. It is a recent change, or should I expect these to disappear at some point?

I like think the entire community for the wealth of knowledge available here, I've been looking for a while before purchase reading everything I can.

IMG_1141.JPG IMG_1142.jpg

...summon and Navigate on Autopilot available in my car...

Did you place your order prior to 2/28/2019 when those features were still standard for EAP?

If you placed your order after the deadline, you should not have those features above. Enjoy them to the max while you can. Tesla will eventually catch up with unpaid features and turn them off.

Some have enjoyed Satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization for some time and Tesla then shut those features off too.

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm excited to be the new owner of a Model 3 SR+ that I took delivery of last night. So far I am extremely impressed, this thing is unlike any other car ever owned. I'm not hard to impress, though… Not normally in the luxury market, but some debilitating neuropathy in my hands has made it challenging to drive on long trips with a regular car. So the autopilot is the biggest reason I'm here, and after about 40 miles on rural highways I am extremely impressed.

I didn't spring for the FSD option, so I was a little surprised last night to see summon and Navigate on Autopilot available in my car. It is a recent change, or should I expect these to disappear at some point?

I like think the entire community for the wealth of knowledge available here, I've been looking for a while before purchase reading everything I can.

View attachment 397749 View attachment 397750
Without know exactly when you purchased, it will be a little difficult to answer. But considering you said you didn't spring for FSD, I'm assuming you have AP (as it's now included). I'm willing to bet you currently have the EAP/FSD trial enable at the moment. Almost all vehicles receive the trial a few days after delivery. If you didn't pay for it, you can definitely expect these features to drop off after the trial expires.

In your car go to Settings and select Autopilot. Does it show the word "TRIAL" somewhere? When we had a free trial back in December it would say something like "TRIAL - x days remaining". Though in our case it was EAP trial, not FSD trial. So, I am not sure if the process is still the same.

Thanks for the fast response!

I put my deposit down in place the order on April 12, the day the pricing structure change in autopilot became standard. This changed saved me $1000, so I figured there is no point waiting any further. I still can't believe how quickly my car was delivered, it must have been an inventory somewhere close. It arrived in Minneapolis on Tuesday, and they brought it out yesterday afternoon.

In your car go to Settings and select Autopilot. Does it show the word "TRIAL" somewhere? When we had a free trial back in December it would say something like "TRIAL - x days remaining". Though in our case it was EAP trial, not FSD trial. So, I am not sure if the process is still the same.

I can't find the word trial anywhere on the autopilot screen, which is what I expected to see. Can anybody else with a recent purchased car with standard AP confirm if they have it or not?

@TomB985, the odd thing is, your screenshot in message #9 says 8 years and 120,000 miles battery warranty but it should be 100,000 miles for SR+ according to this page and the Specs section on the Model 3 page. If the car was built before 28 Feb with a larger battery (either MR or LR) and then software limited to SR+, that would explain the warranty and the EAP you might have.
  • Can you check the driver's door frame label to see what it shows for the month of manufacture? It should say 04/19 for April.
  • Also, on Tesla's website when you click 'Manage' your car, below your car picture, is there a link that says 'Shop - Autopilot Upgrades'? If there is, what price do you see? If you have EAP, FSD should be $3,000 before and $5,000 after delivery. If you have basic AP, FSD should be $5,000 before and $7,000 after delivery.
Btw, if your car was actually built on April 1st, you most likely have the Autopilot HW3.0 computer. My guess is, Model 3 production switched to HW3.0 between 27-29 March 2019.

tQrYAsM.png

Last edited:
@TomB985, .
  • Can you check the driver's door frame label to see what it shows for the month of manufacture? It should say 04/19 for April.
  • Also, on Tesla's website when you click 'Manage' your car, below your car picture, is there a link that says 'Shop - Autopilot Upgrades'? If there is, what price do you see? If you have EAP, FSD should be $3,000 before and $5,000 after delivery. If you have basic AP, FSD should be $5,000 before and $7,000 after delivery.
Btw, if your car was actually built on April 1st, you most likely have the Autopilot HW3.0 computer. My guess is, Model 3 production switched to HW3.0 between 27-29 March 2019.

My doorjamb sticker shows 4/19 for production date, and I can’t find any option to purchase the FSD upgrade in my Tesla account. I was wondering if that would show up down the road at some point after I’ve had the car for a bit.

Very cool to hear about HW3, is there an easy way to check?

• Informative
Reactions: Troy