Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P100D Model X wifi not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. WPA only and close. If you have a weaker signal you will have connection issues. What worked for my phone would not work for the car. I had to install a new Access Point in the room next to the garage so it was 20 feet or less from the car. Updates, including maps, are blazing fast.

But, I am concerned that you are not seeing Wifi signal at all. I always saw the SSIDs. I just had issues establishing a connection until the strength was higher.

BTW, you don't have the car wrapped in a metallic film do you?

Last edited:
Yes. WPA only and close. If you have a weaker signal you will have connection issues. What worked for my phone would not work for the car. I had to install a new Access Point in the room next to the garage so it was 20 feet or less from the car. Updates, including maps, are blazing fast.

But, I am concerned that you are not seeing Wifi signal at all. I always saw the SSIDs. I just had issues establishing a connection until the strength was higher.

BTW, you don't have the car wrapped in a metallic film do you?

I connected using my iPhone using the PERSONAL HOTSPOT. The car is not wrapped in a metallic film, but I did have it coated with a ceramic coat.

Reactions: jboy210
Got my new MX P100D, my fourth Tesla. The wifi does not connect Any suggestions?

Getting a service appointment is only online, and the wait is 10 days. The great Tesla service is no more.

I have the same problem and found the following:

>> Connecting Model X to home network ("Wi-Fi"): problem and solution
>> Submitted by rsp196607 on April 7, 2018 Exec summary: In trying to
>> connect to Wi-Fi, Model X goofs by sending an ARP request for the IP address of the first server that it tries to contact,