Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New power/regen bar is IM-POS-SIB-LE to see

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is so funny: now everything it is bigger, easy to see.
I really like it, like the new speed speedometer big font.
But, on the other hand, they hided the power meter bar!

Personally I pay attention to the power meter because in an electric car You don't have any other feedback on how much your foot is "heavy".
At least they should give us an audio feedback, some way to understand if we are accelerating to much.
And what about the limit regen in winter? I don't think I'll be able to see quickly if regen is limited.

Why they don't just move on the other side between tesla vision and the maps?!
My hand covers the power meter the whole time..

Can someone take a piciture

Vertical bar along the left edge:

53763024115_f5b975bbce_z.jpg

Even harder to make out in real life.

The bar/indicator that show when brake regeneration is working no longer shows. Is there anything I can do? After a recent update?
I re-booted the screen, no change. I went into Control but I have no Steering and Pedal option. Confused.

Thanks for pointing out where the bar was moved to. That is a terrible design and an unneeded change. It makes me wonder if they have any HMI engineers or testers. I am 6'3" and have a Y. I can not actually see the very left side of the screen unless I move my head to the right a bit. I use the power/regen bar all the time.

Additionally, I see they finally moved the music progress bar higher so you can see it during the day. However, the first 10% of the bar is butted up against the album artwork so it is not visible. If only it were now shifted down just a few pixels . . . .

I think in theory it makes more sense to have the bar going north-south, but the location is indeed much harder to see compared to before. I hold the steering wheel at 3 & 9 o'clock and my right hand still sometimes block the power bar. I don't think it would make sense to put it on the right side of the pane since they allow Ryzen cars to use full screen FSD realization. Probably best to move it back where it was or make it much thicker.