TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Rear Seatbelt Slot Design

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Blurry_Eyed, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

#1 Blurry_Eyed, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    I was driving a Service loaner this week (brand new 60kWh car) and noticed that the rear seatbelt slots have been redesigned. Tesla keeps making small tweaks to the car to make it better and address issues. The rear seatbelts worked perfectly (no grabbing or overly sensitive locking up).

New rear seatbelts.JPG

Attached Files:

2. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

I wonder if we can get our cars retrofitted with no cost? Right now, mine catches and sometimes have to manually feed the belt back into the hole. Feels like a Geo Metro!

3. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

I'd heard a while back there was a plastic insert that could be removed to make them work more smoothly. Ranger was at my house yesterday and I ask him about it and go to show him how grabby the seat belt is. Of course both sides are butter smooth. Dang! He'd never heard of that issue. Glad about the redesign.

4. superraz375

superraz375 Member

What VIN is the car with the new rear seat belts?

I am hoping mine is being built with this update

5. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I'm in loaner with a P115XX and it has the old style slots.

6. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

People definitely notice the seatbelt issue... This is one of the most common comments I get from people sitting in the car...

7. EMDoc

EMDoc Member

There is a fix to it and a service bulletin I believe. I got mine fixed and they retract perfectly.