Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New referral program now has 6 month unlimited supercharging for ALL Teslas(incl. MR Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think best thing about the change to referral program is that they will be applying to all cars going forward and not just the Model 3 Performance or S / X versions.

So if the benefit itself is going lower, that's fine. As for whether free Supercharging is better than $100 non-expiring credit? I haven't had to use Supercharging and I don't expect to need it unless I go on a long trip in my Model 3 which is unlikely. In my scenario the $100 non-expiring credit would have been better.

Someone else may prefer 6 months of free Supercharging more

They already extended it? Earlier it said it later through October 19th.
They were describing the people who bought from sept through oct will retroactively get the six months thing as well as new referrals through Dec 10th.

It's much more clear on the Tesla site. Teslarati is not always that great at conveying info.

This makes me wish I had waited to buy my Model 3. I would've had dual motor AND saved about $1,200 in supercharging. :( (I've already spent about $1k on superchargers)

I wish I had waited a few months. I would have gotten my Model S with AP instead of no AP whatsoever. Had I waited a little longer I would have gotten the 90 instead of the 85. Maybe waited a little longer and would have gotten the AP2 hardware. Maybe waited a little more to get the new MCU. Or waited for the X or waited for the AP2.5 hardware. Or maybe I should have waited for the Model 3 altogether. Maybe I should wait for the Model Y to come out?

Point is, there is always a good reason to wait and you never get what you want.

Also, if you did order one, but know someone who has a code, you can have the Tesla reps input in the system right after you order it. I should be good to go for 6 months now. Will debate if I go ahead and install my charger right when I get the car next week, but would have to drive 20 minutes to Arlington for free supercharging. Might be a good excuse to go to Six Flags for fright fest though. I am still waiting to hear back on load usage from my electrical company on my house also.