Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Roadster owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
img_7720-jpg.530371

Please take note:

Unless this picture is not showing the complete story.....I can't imagine you jacking up your car in a more unsafe fashion. Not only can you do damage to it, you do not have a secondary brace to keep it from coming down on your arm. I recently operated on someone for his open fracture of his forearm because he did exactly what you are doing. There are established ways of jacking up a Tesla roadster and established ways to place secondary jack-stands to keep the car from falling down on top of you. I suggested look these things up immediately. I would hate to see you get injured.

T

How else are you supposed to jack the car up? what happens if you get a flat on the side of the road it's unsafe to jack the car up? Is it because it's on cardboard boxes?

I can agree though can use jack stands next time; he was quickly taking off the calipers and putting the wheels back on. The person who did this owns 3 lotus elise's so pretty sure he got this down.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jason.tv
How else are you supposed to jack the car up? what happens if you get a flat on the side of the road it's unsafe to jack the car up? Is it because it's on cardboard boxes?

I can agree though can use jack stands next time; he was quickly taking off the calipers and putting the wheels back on. The person who did this owns 3 lotus elise's so pretty sure he got this down.

With all due respect, our vehicle is 1000 pounds heavier than a Lotus Elise, and I don't care how many of these he did, what he did was unsafe. Mechanics always think they know best until they wind up in my emergency department needing surgery. Shortcuts are never short, and frequently they lead to a surgeon needing to cut.

If you have a flat in the middle of the highway, you sacrificed the rim and you drive to a position of safety and then call an emergency tow truck.

You are able to jack these cars up by placing a padded jack underneath the spindle assembly. NOT the middle of the cars carbon fiber frame.

I recently re-posted about how to jack the vehicle up.

Anyway to lift roadster without adaptor

I'm only trying to keep you and your expensive investment safe.

Best,

T

(Orthopaedic Surgeon)

Last edited:
With all due respect, our vehicle is 1000 pounds heavier than a Lotus Elise, and I don't care how many of these he did, what he did was unsafe. Mechanics always think they know best until they wind up in my emergency department needing surgery. Shortcuts are never short, and frequently they lead to a surgeon needing to cut.

If you have a flat in the middle of the highway, you sacrificed the rim and you drive to a position of safety and then call an emergency tow truck.

You are able to jack these cars up by placing a padded jack underneath the spindle assembly. NOT the middle of the cars carbon fiber frame.

Best,

T

(Orthopaedic Surgeon)

Under the Spindle assembly? We used the jack points specifically in the cars user manual which states both wheels will raise.

You are making it seem like Lifting the vehicle is the only method of choice linking to adapters they don't even make or sell anymore? I'm confused.

Last edited:

Best,

T

(Orthopaedic Surgeon)

your query was regarding the rear LIFT point for the lift adapters.

there's a JACK point right on the aluminum chasis mid-car there. it's right in front of the mid-underbelly panel. ;)

Reactions: jason.tv
your query was regarding the rear LIFT point for the lift adapters.

there's a JACK point right on the aluminum chasis mid-car there. it's right in front of the mid-underbelly panel. ;)

Actually, my query was about secondary jacks to prevent the entire vehicle from falling on him, as what happened to several of my patients with various types of vehicles.

I was once shown by a Tesla Roadster technician cracking around the mid-panel re-enforcement that you speak of, so I do not trust it as being stable or strong. Maybe I should have lead with that?

Thanks drewski.

Actually, my query was about secondary jacks to prevent the entire vehicle from falling on him, as what happened to several of my patients with various types of vehicles.

I was once shown by a Tesla Roadster technician cracking around the mid-panel re-enforcement that you speak of, so I do not trust it as being stable or strong. Maybe I should have lead with that?

Thanks drewski.

interesting info.

and i guess we're both not being clear. the "query" i was referring to was your questions you had in the Lift Adapter thread which was more Lift related vs. Jacking, not what you commenting on regarding his picture :(

well, we are all excited to see the final product once installed in your roadster! i recently had headlight upgrades last year but yours is way way more sleek. maybe your headlights guy can provide some for us roadster owners?

That's the plan; we can get the brackets reproduced for the morimoto h1 and exact order info for everything seen to make it work.

won't that blind oncoming traffic since the High Beam projector doesn't have a cutoff?

he prob means the low lights come on at night; assuming he has the option of turning the parking lights on or off during the day it's personal choice. Same with the halos I installed; you can activate them with first parking light switch during the daytime if you like.

The running lights would operate again assuming same during night; high beams function as normal with his new light which acts as his lows and high beams. Just was curious if his oem halogen light was disabled or if that acts as the high beams as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewski
he prob means the low lights come on at night; assuming he has the option of turning the parking lights on or not during the day.

The running lights would operate again assuming same during night (running lights); high beams function as normal with his new light which acts as his lows and high beams. Just was curious if his oem halogen light was disabled or if that acts as the high beams as well.
i'm probably the least tech guy here. but from what i remember installer told me Jason is correct. he also said our roadster is so low to the ground that the highbeams won't blind anyone. :D