Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rotors - what to do with the old ones?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
So I've got the new custom rotors and pads installed (Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors), and saved the old set. What do I now do with the old ones? Turns out that the rear pads were almost done anyway, but rotors are fine. Do I:

A. Keep them for some buyer down the road (have no intention to ever sell the car, however)
B. Try to sell the set to another Roadster owner (but see note below on weight)
C. Toss / Recycle somehow

The old parts are WAAY heavier than the new, btw, so shipping is not advised. I could barely lift the box out of the car when I got home. This may be the biggest advantage of the custom rotors...

Thoughts?

So I've got the new custom rotors and pads installed (Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors), and saved the old set. What do I now do with the old ones? Turns out that the rear pads were almost done anyway, but rotors are fine. Do I:

A. Keep them for some buyer down the road (have no intention to ever sell the car, however)
B. Try to sell the set to another Roadster owner (but see note below on weight)
C. Toss / Recycle somehow

The old parts are WAAY heavier than the new, btw, so shipping is not advised. I could barely lift the box out of the car when I got home. This may be the biggest advantage of the custom rotors...

Thoughts?
I usually take my old ones to a scrap metal business. I held onto a set once for 5 years or so and never used the them. Same may happen with yours.