Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S long-range finally delivered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove my 2017 S into OwingsMills (Baltimore) last week, turned it in and FINALLY took possession of my 11 month old (Nov 20, 2020) Rsrvtn # 1142xxxx new LongRange. Wish it could have been a 2022 but production was Sept so it had a 2021 VIN. White/white/19"/FSD. Is possible that was so delayed due to changing exterior color from white to black then back to white, and Interior from cream to white - at various times during the 11 month wait. One advantage in the delay was my trade in value went up $6,000 over three or four updates during the 11 month wait. Couple observations:
- DELIVERY was super smooth. Spent a good 1 1/2 hours doing a look over using the 3-page checklist someone here so helpfully created. Found only 2 minor items and both corrected within 5 minutes. Later found 1 item will explore more closely when possible. Seems the backup camera resolution less detailed than prior S and definitely less than any of the side or front camera images when i look at them on Sentry clips. Is not the computer screen, is only the back-up image that is less clear. Maybe my memory of prior S image is wrong? Or maybe is a lower res lens than side cameras? Need to do a side-by-side comparison with another car. (thought maybe just dirty lens, or maybe even protective plastic on lens, but no).
- YOKE: I like it. Yes, is a little funky using it at first but adjusted just fine, and in some turning manuvers seems even more enjoyable than a 'regular' wheel, The totally squared off (flat) bottom of wheel less able to be held by knee when the rare occasion arises. But really is no big deal. LACK OF WANDS: I like it. Blinkers not a problem. A little bumpout is present between them and you can feel it with your fingertips, so sliding over to appropriate one without looking is simple. And they don't activate simply by a sliding touch, like a phone screen. It requires slight pressure. And HORN, just a quick slap anywhere without looking in the area on that wheel (yoke) does the trick. Complaints a big nothingburger in my opinion. And autipilot function on the right scroll wheel, especially speed control/adjustments, is easier and more natural than the wand. And more similar to my wife's 'Y'.

Drove my 2017 S into OwingsMills (Baltimore) last week, turned it in and FINALLY took possession of my 11 month old (Nov 20, 2020) Rsrvtn # 1142xxxx new LongRange. Wish it could have been a 2022 but production was Sept so it had a 2021 VIN. White/white/19"/FSD. Is possible that was so delayed due to changing exterior color from white to black then back to white, and Interior from cream to white - at various times during the 11 month wait. One advantage in the delay was my trade in value went up $6,000 over three or four updates during the 11 month wait. Couple observations:
- DELIVERY was super smooth. Spent a good 1 1/2 hours doing a look over using the 3-page checklist someone here so helpfully created. Found only 2 minor items and both corrected within 5 minutes. Later found 1 item will explore more closely when possible. Seems the backup camera resolution less detailed than prior S and definitely less than any of the side or front camera images when i look at them on Sentry clips. Is not the computer screen, is only the back-up image that is less clear. Maybe my memory of prior S image is wrong? Or maybe is a lower res lens than side cameras? Need to do a side-by-side comparison with another car. (thought maybe just dirty lens, or maybe even protective plastic on lens, but no).
- YOKE: I like it. Yes, is a little funky using it at first but adjusted just fine, and in some turning manuvers seems even more enjoyable than a 'regular' wheel, The totally squared off (flat) bottom of wheel less able to be held by knee when the rare occasion arises. But really is no big deal. LACK OF WANDS: I like it. Blinkers not a problem. A little bumpout is present between them and you can feel it with your fingertips, so sliding over to appropriate one without looking is simple. And they don't activate simply by a sliding touch, like a phone screen. It requires slight pressure. And HORN, just a quick slap anywhere without looking in the area on that wheel (yoke) does the trick. Complaints a big nothingburger in my opinion. And autipilot function on the right scroll wheel, especially speed control/adjustments, is easier and more natural than the wand. And more similar to my wife's 'Y'.

Reactions: Vinny860

Attachments

• 20211106_171106~2.jpg
    20211106_171106~2.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20211106_171116~2.jpg
    20211106_171116~2.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20211106_171126~2.jpg
    20211106_171126~2.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 77