Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S/X Coat Hooks Now in Tesla Store!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
(For any Model X)
(Model S with Gen 2 Seats only)

Just ordered mine.

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/coat-hooks.html
FA97521C-AD18-41CF-915F-E3536F255783.jpeg

8DBA7DB4-E1AF-4EB0-9B63-B745217F7593.jpeg

17E293C1-43F4-4C45-855C-BE313488A228.jpeg

Dang, those look like a waste if money. I think any of the other aftermarket ones, some of which are a lot cheaper, look better
These seem different than the cheap plastic hooks I’ve seen online. Looks like a they put a bit of effort in the design for a more custom fit with 2 attachment points. Also appears to have a soft outer texture.
Once I receive them I will post my thoughts.
I wouldn’t be shocked if they sell out fast because it’s fairly typical with new items on their site.

Reactions: Tezzie and Jimmy 1
These seem different than the cheap plastic hooks I’ve seen online. Looks like a they put a bit of effort in the design for a more custom fit with 2 attachment points. Also appears to have a soft outer texture.
Once I receive them I will post my thoughts.
I wouldn’t be shocked if they sell out fast because it’s fairly typical with new items on their site.
A lot of the online ones are metal, but they probably will sell out

3M Command Hooks. All sorts of sizes and finishes. Goes on easily, comes off cleanly if desired. Price too low to reveal here, but for $50 you could give them away at all Supercharger stops for the next year or two if you travel frequently! :)

Interesting approach. Thanks for the heads up.

Being Scottish, and therefore inherently, um, parsimonious, I like everything about the new coat hooks except the $50 price tag.

For over 3 years, I've used these from Abstract Ocean for $10 plus shipping and they work great. Can use them singly (one for each side) or both together/next to each other, in which case they do hold quite a bit. A jacket, 2 pairs of khakis and a healthy handful of shirts, for example, with room for more.

There's an installation note concerning post 2015 cars - I did not encounter that issue, fwiw. Quite literally moved them from the 2014 car (w/pano) and slipped them into the same corner spot in the 2017 car (w/pano). Simple. Says they'll work for all Model S with either pano or all glass roofs.

Ordered first day they were available...I emailed and ask when they were coming, looks like backorder is months. The irony is...does that not signal that their owners just wanted freaking coat hangers?
OP here.
I ordered immediately after it appeared on the store, before starting this thread.
More likely that they were never in stock. They probably added them to the store prior to receiving any inventory, and possibly before ordering from the manufacturer.
Trying to gage demand to determine order size...