Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New salary sacrifice prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggest double-checking that the charger is actually a good deal. This may have all changed as I ordered mine some time ago, but the charger offered as part of the salary sacrifice deal was a British Gas one which was more expensive (even after the salary sacrifice deduction) that it would've been to get it directly from British Gas (with installation).

Again, this may have changed since then but the charger offered didn't have built-in PEN fault protection, and they way it seemed was that they'd come and install it and only then give you a quote for the additional PEN fault detection. The concern I had was if you'd ordered by salary sacrifice then you were committed by that point, and obliged to pay whatever they wanted for the PEN fault detection. But, if you ordered directly I felt you'd have more chance of cancelling it if you didn't accept their PEN fault quote.

Certainly when I ordered mine it was cheaper to directly order a charger with built-in PEN fault detection (e.g. Hypervolt) than it was to get the British Gas one via salary sacrifice, and that was even without factoring in the price of the PEN fault detection.

Might be worth a quick look, could save a few hundred.
Thanks I will have a check as it is via British Gas (groan) and they are still using Alfen chargers that require installation of a Matt:e device (although that’s been included in the price). Will shop around as BG have been dragging their heels and struggling to get them to commit to an install date.

Does the predicted depreciation changed based on colour?

Eg how much does it add to the lease cost to have a colour other then white, as clearly white will be harder for a 2nd hand car dealer to sell.
Why is white harder to sell? My wife went with white as on Performance with the wheels looks quite smart if you ask me. Fact it's the free colour is just a bonus.

I remember 15+ years ago when I had company cars I could have it in any colour I wanted as long as it was silver. That was for precisely this reason but the value difference wasn't big but obviously company wanted the one colour that would get them maximum sale value regardless.

Why is white harder to sell? My wife went with white as on Performance with the wheels looks quite smart if you ask me. Fact it's the free colour is just a bonus.

I remember 15+ years ago when I had company cars I could have it in any colour I wanted as long as it was silver. That was for precisely this reason but the value difference wasn't big but obviously company wanted the one colour that would get them maximum sale value regardless.
Agree. Don’t think colour will have impact on depreciation given limited range of colours Tesla offer and it’s not like the used car market is gonna be saturated with Teslas (for a good few years at least).

Does the predicted depreciation changed based on colour?

Eg how much does it add to the lease cost to have a colour other than white, as clearly white will be harder for a 2nd hand car dealer to sell.
The options, including colour, don’t really add anything to the final valuation and therefore you pay for it in full over the lease term.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Having done a lot of PCP's over the years that's accurate. Pretty much no option you add will increase the final value of the car so indeed it puts up your cost per month.
Yep, true of every PCP I’ve done.

For info, the GFV now (against a list of £53k) is higher by £2k than my March 2022 order (when the list was £55k). So Tesla have seemingly more confidence in residual values.

Yep, true of every PCP I’ve done.

For info, the GFV now (against a list of £53k) is higher by £2k than my March 2022 order (when the list was £55k). So Tesla have seemingly more confidence in residual values.
Do Tesla set them? You'd think if they do and don't own the finance agreements they'd be stuck taking what finance company thinks or having to cover the difference.

Cross post / update

So no updated price as yet from my leasing order (MY RWD) - but process is they need to delete my existing quote from my employers flexible benefit system - which will then allow me to run a new quote at the new, lower, price.

If I chose same model & config, my existing order and delivery date (2nd March) with Tesla stays the same.

Or, I can chose a diff model or config al(at new prices) but it would be treated as new order and obvs therefore be delivered later than March.

Will update when I have new price for info.

Reactions: liamth91
Cross post / update

So no updated price as yet from my leasing order (MY RWD) - but process is they need to delete my existing quote from my employers flexible benefit system - which will then allow me to run a new quote at the new, lower, price.

If I chose same model & config, my existing order and delivery date (2nd March) with Tesla stays the same.

Or, I can chose a diff model or config al(at new prices) but it would be treated as new order and obvs therefore be delivered later than March.

Will update when I have new price for info.
Wife got the same today also, not yet looked but will try to look with her this evening on this. This is with LeasePlan.

Reactions: Mistake Not
Finally managed to get a new quote / updated price. Good new as it’s down a decent chunk. About £105 per month net saving over 4 years. Happy days.
Haven't been able to get a price yet ourselves. They said they'd cancel the order straight away but on my wifes ordering system that hasn't filtered though yet at least when checking each day. Will look again tonight after work to see but that's a nice saving for sure. Not expecting too much in my wife's case as the M3P only dropped £3.5k vs some of the bigger drops on other models.

I just wanted to add that while options don't influence the GFV, you should still making a saving on any extra's you spec.

So for example, my net payment increased by £30pm when adding the 20" induction wheels. £35 x 36 months = £1260 but as you all know they are in fact a £2k option.

Reactions: liamth91
I just wanted to add that while options don't influence the GFV, you should still making a saving on any extra's you spec.

So for example, my net payment increased by £30pm when adding the 20" induction wheels. £35 x 36 months = £1260 but as you all know they are in fact a £2k option.
Yeah I've seen that. I've just assumed that it's due to the fact that the lease company gets the car back at the end of the agreement. If they charged the full amount over the 3 years I'd take them off before it went back 😂

• Funny
Reactions: NSS89
We received "special" lease offer:

1674753796846.png

I though - geez, awesome! no deposit, low lease payments...

and then there comes the fine print:
"Based on a 48 month contract. 20.000 miles total.

I almost spilled my coffee (I do that in a year easily). that is whopping 416 miles a month / 100 miles a week

I think, if you do such mileage, you would be better to use taxi :)))

• Funny
We received "special" lease offer:

View attachment 900016

I though - geez, awesome! no deposit, low lease payments...

and then there comes the fine print:

I almost spilled my coffee (I do that in a year easily). that is whopping 416 miles a month / 100 miles a week

I think, if you do such mileage, you would be better to use taxi :)))
At that mileage it’s a £539 a month driveway ornament!

Any NHS Fleet Solutions users here? They have some Y on offer, which are lower than they were prior to price drop. Only things is these listed before the price drop was announced. Wonder if it’s worth ordering or holding off until the recalculated price is listed too. Gross before savings is around £780 at present on offer. MYLR

Any NHS Fleet Solutions users here? They have some Y on offer, which are lower than they were prior to price drop. Only things is these listed before the price drop was announced. Wonder if it’s worth ordering or holding off until the recalculated price is listed too. Gross before savings is around £780 at present on offer. MYLR
If that’s a fully insured cost with nothing upfront, then I’d say that’s pretty damn good.

The cheapest Y (RWD, white) on my scheme (via a big bank) is £803 gross (12k miles PA and including maintenance).