Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New salary sacrifice prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Just as an fyi model y is £410 a month and model 3 is £472 a month

3 year term 5,000 a year all inclusive base model.

Don’t understand why the y is so much cheaper been like this for months but at a higher proportionate price

Can I ask what provider those prices are with?

I'm waiting on a Salary Sacrifice scheme going live at my company in the next week and will be ordering my Model Y as soon as I can log in! The provider will be Ogilvie I've been told.

I'm considering either the long range or the performance but until that log in though I don't actually know what the prices will be so this would be a great insight so I pre-notify the other half if I'm going for the performance... 😄

Can I ask what provider those prices are with?

I'm waiting on a Salary Sacrifice scheme going live at my company in the next week and will be ordering my Model Y as soon as I can log in! The provider will be Ogilvie I've been told.

I'm considering either the long range or the performance but until that log in though I don't actually know what the prices will be so this would be a great insight so I pre-notify the other half if I'm going for the performance... 😄
LR is the optimal choice, imho.

you have much better range and very similar performance ;P

LR is the optimal choice, imho.

you have much better range and very similar performance ;P
Thank you!

I think the reason I'm torn is that since deciding to move into a Tesla, my head has been with LR for the better range as you say, but a couple of weeks ago I went to the Manchester showroom with the other half so she could give it the seal of approval and they sent me out in the performance and I loved it.

That said, I probably would have felt the exact same if they give me a LR. I'm just excited to be switching from BMW to Tesla after being a fan for a good while now!

Just for comparison my pre price cut quote was as follows (waiting for updated price as I’ve not taken delivery yet);

£1000 pm off top line (so the amount of salary I’ll be sacrificing) for
Model Y RWD
Metallic Blue
19” wheels
Black interior.
Includes insurance for me and spouse
Maintenance
Tyres
4 year & 10k miles
Installation of EV charger

Just for comparison my pre price cut quote was as follows (waiting for updated price as I’ve not taken delivery yet);

Model Y RWD
Metallic Blue
19” wheels
Black interior.
Maintenance
Tyres
4 year & 10k miles
That's brilliant info thanks as that looks like the exact same deal I'll be taking!

Reactions: Mistake Not

Model Y RWD
Metallic Blue
19” wheels
Black interior.
Maintenance
Tyres
4 year & 10k miles
That feels a bit expensive. My wife pre-price cut ordered a Model 3 Performance for £1k pm off her top line which is via LeasePlan. Exactly same with insurance, maintenance, tyres and term / distance.

Think price before cuts you'd have been at £52k and Model 3 Performance was £61.5k so almost £10k more expensive. Cannot remember what we could get a Model Y LR for (We weren't looking at RWD) but it was somewhat lower.

Her site is weird, now she's ordered not sure we can get back in to see cars and prices again. Might check though as be curious what they are listing for now as should give us idea what we might save. Only a smaller £3.5k reduction on Model 3 Performance though. Picked it because at the time it was only slightly more than a Model 3 LR but now with price changes the gap is larger.

Prices are linked to forecast deprecaition. A more expensive car that deprecaites less will be cheaper, assuming the interest rate on the extra capital doesn't exceed the reduced depreciation. Depreciation calculations are likely to be changing all the time at the moment,

Reactions: ringi
Oouch! Hope you had time to go thro’ this forum especially AHB, wipers and road side assistance. BMW fans don’t do very well with Tesla!
Haha. I can live with them. The running costs of my 4 year old diesel combined with the absolutely terrible service I’ve had over the last couple of years are enough to make me happy to see the back of BMW for a while.

Prices are linked to forecast deprecaition. A more expensive car that deprecaites less will be cheaper, assuming the interest rate on the extra capital doesn't exceed the reduced depreciation. Depreciation calculations are likely to be changing all the time at the moment,
Absolutely right. Hadn't looked into depreciation to be fair across various Tesla models but at least when we were ordering each step up across a range cost more per month. So RWD, LR and then Performance had steps up in cost as regardless of final value at end of lease, the cost of cars went up enough I guess.

I'm pretty sure though a MY RWD was far less than £1k a month. Makes me wonder if bigger companies negotiate lower prices from lease companies say for their employees. My wife works in the financial sector for one of the big boys so you'd think a leasing company might have given a strong deal to get their business.

Absolutely right. Hadn't looked into depreciation to be fair across various Tesla models but at least when we were ordering each step up across a range cost more per month. So RWD, LR and then Performance had steps up in cost as regardless of final value at end of lease, the cost of cars went up enough I guess.

I'm pretty sure though a MY RWD was far less than £1k a month. Makes me wonder if bigger companies negotiate lower prices from lease companies say for their employees. My wife works in the financial sector for one of the big boys so you'd think a leasing company might have given a strong deal to get their business.
I’m with one of the high st banks.
Cost for me also includes insurance (me and spouse), maintenance / tyres and supply and install of ev charger with £0 upfront.
Felt decent to me and far better than I could get via personal. Let’s see what the price cut brings.

Cost for me also includes insurance (me and spouse), maintenance / tyres and supply and install of ev charger with £0 upfront.
Felt decent to me and far better than I could get via personal. Let’s see what the price cut brings.
Yeah has all of that also. Your right of course, is a much better deal than doing it outside of a salary sacrifice scheme.

Suggest double-checking that the charger is actually a good deal. This may have all changed as I ordered mine some time ago, but the charger offered as part of the salary sacrifice deal was a British Gas one which was more expensive (even after the salary sacrifice deduction) that it would've been to get it directly from British Gas (with installation).

Again, this may have changed since then but the charger offered didn't have built-in PEN fault protection, and they way it seemed was that they'd come and install it and only then give you a quote for the additional PEN fault detection. The concern I had was if you'd ordered by salary sacrifice then you were committed by that point, and obliged to pay whatever they wanted for the PEN fault detection. But, if you ordered directly I felt you'd have more chance of cancelling it if you didn't accept their PEN fault quote.

Certainly when I ordered mine it was cheaper to directly order a charger with built-in PEN fault detection (e.g. Hypervolt) than it was to get the British Gas one via salary sacrifice, and that was even without factoring in the price of the PEN fault detection.

Might be worth a quick look, could save a few hundred.