Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Second Row Seats Adjustment from Touchscreen and other features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The patches go out in batches... sometimes it can take days/weeks before everyone gets it. Of course there aren't as many X's so it should be soon. Yes, you will get a notification on your phone that an update is available, although you have to go into the car to start the install (or schedule it)
This is the most delay that I have seen. Before this I got notified within 24 hours of everyone.

Hi, with the new update if I lock the car all doors now close, including the Falcon Wings. Great update, waiting for this feature since my first day with the car.

Now the next thing is being able to open the passenger door using the fob. Kind of weird that all doors can be opened remotely (auto present front door, falcon wings from the fob), except the passenger door. This should put an end to the fingerprints on the door.

Has anybody found any tricks for this?

If there's any other good fob tricks (not necessarily new), also please let us know (like the one opening the chargeport from the fob).

Reactions: Softwizard
Hi, with the new update if I lock the car all doors now close, including the Falcon Wings. Great update, waiting for this feature since my first day with the car.

Now the next thing is being able to open the passenger door using the fob. Kind of weird that all doors can be opened remotely (auto present front door, falcon wings from the fob), except the passenger door. This should put an end to the fingerprints on the door.

Has anybody found any tricks for this?

If there's any other good fob tricks (not necessarily new), also please let us know (like the one opening the chargeport from the fob).
@guidom - that's nice to hear that it was implemented. I had sent this as a feature request and I am sure many others must have too.

There are sensors in each seat bottom that are supposed to sense the presence of a human sitting there. I noticed when my wife and son sat in row 2, those two seats grayed-out, but I was still able to adjust the seat they did not occupy.

What is happening is your car seat is heavy enough to trigger the weight sensor so the code thinks there is a human sitting there. I suggest you email this to [email protected] - perhaps they can fine-tune their code to differentiate between a human and a car seat??
I agree with you, they should allow the user to override the seat positioning or have an option to set the seats to car seat mode or something of that sort.

I'll email Tesla then! Thanks for the suggestion.

Another new feature is the auto presenting front door is a little more conservative. When you approach from the front, it seems like it gives you a little more time to walk by before it opens fully. And if you have the driver's side falcon door open and you approach from the front, the door will only open slightly. Previously it would open all the way because the sensor to detect objects in its path was in the falcon door and thus wasn't able to be used.

I still haven't been able to get the windows to open with the keyfob. Isn't that a triple touch on the top?
It's a little known fact that the FOB has it's own Easter Egg. If you tap out "window" in Morse Code on the key FOB, the windows will either all close or all open, depending on it's prior state. You read it here first. ;)