Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Semi Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw a promo of a Semi Truck called Thor, they claim it will beat Tesla's Semi in mid 2019, should Tesla be worried about this or is the Tesla motor and batteries superior to theirs? One thing I think Tesla is superior was they said the mileage they get on a charge is 300 miles, if I'm correct, I think that the Tesla Semi will get 500 miles per charge.

I just saw a promo of a Semi Truck called Thor, they claim it will beat Tesla's Semi in mid 2019, should Tesla be worried about this or is the Tesla motor and batteries superior to theirs? One thing I think Tesla is superior was they said the mileage they get on a charge is 300 miles, if I'm correct, I think that the Tesla Semi will get 500 miles per charge.

No.

THOR TM1 Electric Truck
"For the moment, the startup is more of a vehicle customizer than a true manufacturer. It rips the diesel motor and related innards out of an existing vehicle and replaces them with an electric motor and batteries."

Even if they did produce trucks from scratch it's a 1 million trucks a year market. Plenty of room for Tesla and a dozen other companies without any of them getting worried. (Well the ones with the most market share could worry, but Tesla won't, and the ones with smaller market share may or may not depending on how quick they adapt to change)

Last edited: