Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Center In San Rafael, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Physically, yes. I've used it after hours and it's outside. That said, once there was a model S occupying the parking spot next to the charger. I had to pull up carefully and the cable barely reached. You might want to call them ahead to leave space to use it. Be careful driving around there. The curbs can be challenging for the Roadster to avoid scraping.

Hey everyone,

Can someone confirm that there is a Roadster HPC available after hours? I'm visiting some friend in Santa Rosa on Sunday and I should be able to make the round trip but would love to know if this SC is an option.

Thanks!

Physically, yes. I've used it after hours and it's outside. That said, once there was a model S occupying the parking spot next to the charger. I had to pull up carefully and the cable barely reached. You might want to call them ahead to leave space to use it. Be careful driving around there. The curbs can be challenging for the Roadster to avoid scraping.
Thanks! I made it home w/ 43 miles to spare so didn't need to stop. Good to know it's there. Do you think the SC parked that MS there or was it dropped off by a customer or tow truck? IMO the SC shouldn't be blocking charge ports with cars unless there are no other parking spaces left.

Thanks! I made it home w/ 43 miles to spare so didn't need to stop. Good to know it's there. Do you think the SC parked that MS there or was it dropped off by a customer or tow truck? IMO the SC shouldn't be blocking charge ports with cars unless there are no other parking spaces left.

That's an interesting thought. It could have been a drop off. It was faced out which could be from a tow. I would hope that another owner would be kind enough to not block the HPC. Once I visited during their open hours and there was a Model S in the spot which they moved for me. That car was being used for test drives while I was charging so I kind of think that maybe that MS is left there by the SC. Maybe a little friendly nudge is in order.