Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New site theme and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too think we may have caused more problems than those fixed with the vB upgrade, at least from the user's POV. Give MPT a chance to get it sorted.

Regarding font size, you should be able to adjust that with your browser. Typically by just pressing "Ctrl +" to make it larger and "Ctrl -" to make it smaller, on Firefox anyhow.

Another note: "Go to last post" button doesn't really send you to the very last post. If it's multi post / page it can sometimes send you to a random page or middle of the last page.

The new font for body text is hard to read. Small, serif fonts don't work on computer screens. Serif fonts are fine for large headers and titles, but not for body text.

There's no reason why TMC pages should be harder to read than every other web site I read regularly. Increasing the font size in my browser doesn't solve anything, it just works around a design problem.

Planned changes

With the help of the other mods and your valued feedback, here are the changes that seem to have settled out of the conversation:

Font: Stronger contrast, sans-serif
Page links: stronger contrast
Hyperlinks: better colour choice
Style selector: move to top or, redefine the basic style to match peoples needs and create automatic selection of mobile font when user enters 'm.teslamotorsclub.com'
Restore 'Today's post' search
Fix previously broken security token error (that was supposed to be fixed in vB4!)
Restore Image resize functionality
URL parsing treatment.
VFX's banner.

I'll be working on that this evening and tomorrow; let me know if I've missed anything.

I would like to see the 'go to first new post' icon much much bigger. It is very small and hard to hit. And ironically, it's right next to a rather large envelope icon, that isn't clickable at all.

I've tweaked the post thread font; how do we think about other fonts?

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 46
...let me know if I've missed anything.

Older embedded Youtubes showing as "stuff"...
Seems the tags have changed over the past year or so.
First it was [ Y O U T U B E ]
then [ M E D I A ]
now [ V I D E O ]
Hopefully those old embedded Youtubes can be re-enabled without having to edit the old posts and change the tags.

I've tweaked the post thread font; how do we think about other fonts?

MPT,

Please enlarge the font for the posts/threads. When I look at your post (on my iPad), it is over 98% white space,with a miniature delicate wisp of micro text. Making the font bolder and simpler would also help aesthetics and readability.

Thanks for your work hosting this valuable site.

GSP

Update:
Font's done & styles renamed to reflect this new style being the standard
Hyperlinks tweaked
Added style selector at top of page and to mobile style
Fixed security error
Image resize
Increased size of 'last post' icon.

Still having difficulty with:
'Stuff' videos though the usual video attach feature works with new youtube.
emphasizing the current page in the selector
uploading avatars fails yet any other upload is fine

...more to do.
url parser still broken from 3.x

Hey MPT,

Don't remember who mentioned it, but when quoting there are a bunch of line breaks before the actual quote. I find it quite annoying personally just because there is so much unecessary padding, and I believe the poster who first brought it up finds it annoying also. If you could take care of that, along with the stuff you are still having difficulty with, I think that is all I can think of.

-Shark2k