Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New site theme and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mpt

Electrics are back
Supporting Member
Welcome to the new Tesla Motors Club website update. We hope that you like the changes.

The visual style refresh is only the tip of the iceberg; the lumpy bit of the iceberg is that the whole forum engine has been updated to version 4.05 of vBulletin.

I'm sure that we'll (I'll) have broken some things so please go easy on me but let me know what you find and I'll fix it in a flash.

Thanks,
The MODS of TMC

how about this?

Attachments

• Header21.6.gif
    Header21.6.gif
    50 KB · Views: 111
I like the new design too! What I don't like is the letters. Seems to be Times New Roman. The former version was better readable - well just my first impression.

Thanks for your effort!

+1 ... and agree on the harder to read lettering inside the "post box" ... the actual text of the post seems to want to blend into the background too much. Could be a contrast (color/grey) issue in addition to size and font.

I've created a style called TMC - Strong; You can select it at the bottom of the page; let me know if that's better.

The text colour was 69675d, now 202020 and the font size is a little larger.

I've not changed the font family yet; it was my understanding that serif'ed fonts are easier to read hence newspapers using them but, let me know.

Thanks,
MPT

I've created a style called TMC - Strong; You can select it at the bottom of the page; let me know if that's better.

The text colour was 69675d, now 202020 and the font size is a little larger.

I've not changed the font family yet; it was my understanding that serif'ed fonts are easier to read hence newspapers using them but, let me know.

Thanks,
MPT
After what I've heard the serif'ed fonts are better for prints where you get long lines of text. That's why you get the serif, it's there to create an illusion of a line and hence make it easier for your eyes to follow the line and not jump up or down a line while you are scanning the text.
Supposedly that's not what you want on a screen so the advised standard font is sans-serif, like Tahoma, Arial or Calibri. It's something to do with how people read on screens. You can always make another skin where you just chance the font type and see what people think.

Cobos