Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model S' started by marks75D, Oct 30, 2016.
Started the update. Any idea what's new?
Check out http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php
Perhaps you should follow the existing 8.0 software thread, where several of us have posted some information about a recent software update (which may or may not be the one you are currently applying). Reading that thread would probably be more effective than starting your own. Good luck!
That shows version numbers but I don't see anything about any new features/changes that I'm pretty sure the original poster was asking about.
BTW, I just started installing whatever is rolling out today Would be fun if there was something exciting. But I've feeling it's just going to be another of those "minor fixes and improvements".
Just did a line by line comparison of the release notes from the version I had before the update, 2.36.108 and those for the new update, 2.42.40. Here's what I found:
1) Paragraph at the beginning has been added about "...multiple improvements to the USB listening experience...:
2) Sentence in the Modern Media Player section has been changed from “…bring popular content and your favorite stations front and center” to …bring popular content and your favorite music front and center”.
3) Section on Traffic-Based Routing Enhancement has been removed.
4) Section of Voice Command Improvements has a new sentence reading "Specify a number to call: You can now use voice commands to dial a specific phone number."
5) There were a few other places where some of the formatting and spacing changed but not the information.
I guess I'll add this to the Firmware 8.0 discussion lined to above for those who might want to wade through the nearly 4,000 posts there to find it. (Discussions that big really do need to be broken down into more manageable sub sections).