Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New SR+ tire question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are using too many acronyms here and we are all saying the same thing. There are only two choices here for 18” Tesla rims on the M3. There is a “Pilot Sport 4“ and it is a summer tire. There is a “Pilot Sport A/S 4” and it is an all season tire. See Michelin links below:

We are using too many acronyms here and we are all saying the same thing. There are only two choices here for 18” Tesla rims on the M3. There is a “Pilot Sport 4“ and it is a summer tire. There is a “Pilot Sport A/S 4” and it is an all season tire. See Michelin links below:

Except.. there is also pilot sport 4S in 18 inch. It used to be called the super sport.

Pilot sport 4 = max summer
Pilot sport 4s = max(er) summer
Pilot sport a/s4 = all season

Here are all the 18 inch for model 3 sr... in addition to those 3 are the mxm4 and xice.

Except.. there is also pilot sport 4S in 18 inch. It used to be called the super sport.

Pilot sport 4 = max summer
Pilot sport 4s = max(er) summer
Pilot sport a/s4 = all season

Here are all the 18 inch for model 3 sr... in addition to those 3 are the mxm4 and xice.

The Pilot Sport 4S is not a Tesla OEM tire and thus would never be standard equipment coming from the factory... at least I think so. It is true you can buy it aftermarket as per your link. I stand corrected on that part!

I am the OP. My tires are the Pilot 4s summer tires. They came on my brand new 2021 SR+ with 3 miles on it that I picked up last week. I took a couple of pictures of the tread to confirm.

Attachments

• tire1.jpg
    tire1.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 76
  • tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 49
You can tell easily on Michelin's website what is Tesla OEM as the tire description says "T0" or "T1" and "Acoustic"

Huge bummer they are summer tires. Can't believe Tesla is doing that on a non-P trim.
Agreed. The fact that I cant drive the car under 40 degrees temperature is frustrating but I am more bummed that my range will take a hit when compared with the all season MXM4 tires.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I have to make a correction. I keep getting the S4 and 4S tires mixed up. The AS4 is the All-Season one. The 4S is the summer.
That is incorrect. There are 3 tires. S4, 4S, & A/S 4. The first 2 are summer tires & the last one is all season.

The S4 and A/S 4 are Tesla OEM for 18" rims. The 4S is an option per Michelin but is not OEM (for 18" rims).

Last edited:
That is incorrect. There are 3 tires. S4, 4S, & A/S 4. The first 2 are summer tires & the last one is all season.

The S4 and A/S 4 are Tesla OEM for 18" rims. The 4S is an option per Michelin but is not OEM (for 18" rims).

Ummm that's not right.
Oem 18inch tesla are:
Pilot Sport 4 t0 (summer)
Primacy mxm4 t1 (previously t0)

Others available include
Pilot sport 4S (summer)
Pilot sport all season 4
Xice snow

Your link (and my link) show this as have been pointed out multiple times. I'll stop correcting now... correct info is right there in the link.

Reactions: Jeremy3292