Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Summon Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please explain the benefit to this? Or explain how it really works. It seems to me all you can do is make the car go slowly forward and backwards. Is it supposed to automatically pull out of a parking spot and come to you. How does it know where you are located? Can anyone make a video of this actually doing this? I stood in front of my driveway and I could only seem to get the car to go back and forth,

So I guess this is not Smart Summon?

Smart Summon
With Smart Summon, your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oops, sorry. No, that feature is not implemented yet. Maybe in 6 weeks (is that the correct Latest Estimated Date of the Next Big Thing?)

Summon with the Tesla phone app almost feels like you're controlling a giant RC car (which you sort of are). It's pretty cool.

That said, I'm able to get it in and out of my garage if it's pointed in and has a fairly straight shot. I haven't been able to get it to successfully back in though. The best I could do was part way. I have about 18" clearance on each side.

I tried this last night and am in agreement with OP. It doesn't seem to turn the slightest bit so you have to make sure you are perfectly lined up before executing - you spend way more time doing that then actually just parking the car + you get to fret as your car backs up! Until it can actually align itself with the garage etc. this feature will remain firmyl unused for me. Sorry!