TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New supercharger in Bolingbrook, IL

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by sammyfan711, Apr 21, 2017.

1. LJordan

LJordan Member

More progress.... Supercharger.png

• Like x 1
  2. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Have to take a drive by. Maybe head to Mago for dinner tomorrow. They have great margaritas by the way. Fresh juice and Casa Noble Tequila.

3. LJordan

LJordan Member

It is getting really close...
    Bolingbrook Supercharger (04-27-17).png

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Monday night ... just looks like they are doing the landscape and need to put up the walls/door surrounding electronics. Most of which is behind the tarps.
    [​IMG]

5. billjr212

billjr212 Member

This is great. I work very close to here and occasionally am up this way for lunch. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings on the other side of the building you see in the background. When I saw they were putting a Supercharger in Bolingbrook, I was hoping it would be in the promenade (across the street to the west), but this works too! It will make for a nice jumping off point on the days I go straight from the office on trips out of town.

6. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Think for SC purposes this is just about the perfect location in Bolingbrook. In addition to Buffalo Wild Wings there is a Five Guys, Panda Express and if I remember correctly even a CupCake place (if it still exists) in that same building. Across the road to the left of the SC is a Starbucks. All very short walks. Little bit longer walk you have more full service restaurants and shopping.

7. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

FYI to you guys and others .... I provided a map with the nearby restaurants above. See this post.

8. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

Just got word from a good source - eta is 2 weeks for this to open.

9. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Got similar word. Some electrical parts needed for the ComEd connection (CT Meter, I think). Also local code required ridgid pipe instead of PVC (Tesla typical install) so that made this sites construction a little longer.

10. billjr212

billjr212 Member

Good call, thanks for the reminder. I did see that, but didn't internalize it by the time I came back and finished reading the 2nd page of the thread. Here is the direct link to post #5 on the previous page for the map. New supercharger in Bolingbrook, IL

• Like x 1
  11. LJordan

LJordan Member

As noted, it seems that only the meter head is missing... Bolingbrook Supercharger (05-02-17).png

12. billjr212

billjr212 Member

I drove by at lunch today. Looks like still no meter head. The layout is kind of odd with the 2 empty spots in the middle and the one supercharger on the side. Bolingbrook chargers.jpg

13. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Haha, I was there about 1:30p today and noticed the exact same thing. Heck I may have been parked at about the same spot you were looking at it!

No news from the Bolingbrook planning guy but I pinged him a few days back and he was going to follow up.

14. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

I also drove by today at lunch - the three of us must have passed each other likes ships in the night!

I heard these spots have to be painted first, I was concerned to see no progress on the paint / asphalt today. We have a stretch of good weather coming up starting this weekend, hopefully this allows for the final preparations.

15. dailydriver

dailydriver Member

They layout avoids a storm drain where the empty spaces are (there is a 15' storm easement).

• Informative x 1
  16. LJordan

LJordan Member

Lines are painted now.
    Bolingbrook Supercharger (05-16-2017).png

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. cmd_keen

cmd_keen Member

Just heard about the Bolingbrook location from a co-worker today. I drive down 355 almost everyday (2x a day actually!)
    Ironically, I have been keeping an eye out on the Rolling Meadows location as I work down the street from the Meijer there. No activity there yet by the way. Guess I don't have to convince HR to put an EV charge port in at work anymore...

I'll take some pics the next time I pass by :)

18. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Reservations at Restaurant at Universe end

Close to where SpaceXploration begins: 32952
    Planning a trip back to Chicago next week. Have been using North Aurora. Would be nice if your "2weeks" prognostication was holding up!

By my reckoning +14 days should have meant a working supercharger by 18 May. I'd still be happy if your "good source eta of 2 weeks" happens by next Tuesday, 5/30.:confused:

19. cmd_keen

cmd_keen Member

Unfortunately, the "2 weeks" does not appear to be accurate, here's a photo from today, 5/23.

[​IMG]

So it seems that progress has stalled...

• Informative x 1
  20. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

Yeah, I keep driving by there every couple of days. Tesla time - what can you do?