Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Ryan,

What is the longest time taken construct a supercharger? I ask only because it has been claimed the average construction time is about 35 days, only Fremont #2 is now at 365+ days and counting without being turned on. Any idea what gives? Was it due to lack of demand, or costs given the intention to make a stellar quarter. Well, fiscal quarter is over, yet still no movement there. Can you help investigate why it has been stalled for over 10 times longer than most others being constructed?

Thx.

No one knows the reason for the delay. The Tesla building it's located in front of isn't being used for anything besides warehouse space at the moment. Perhaps they had larger plans for it at one time, but things changed when the Model 3 blew up bigger then they expected? Really no one knows. Send Elon a tweet, maybe he'll respond.

@ryanjm I'm sure you were dying inside! EM still didn't give you a straight answer, though I'm sure you're still happy :)

image.jpeg

Get it now in the car, however although the podcast is usually available on the website on Sunday morning, as of last Monday evening Episode 66 was still not on the Podcast accessed from inside the car. I can work around that by bluetoothing from my mobile phone as you had earlier suggested.

Thanks for that @EVie'sDad! I've seen an S for rent at Hertz or one of the major car rental companies at LAX but it was an absurd $400 a day or so. That's a much better rate! I'm bookmarking that for future reference.

Podcast-wise, it's Sunday so that means it's time for a new episode! This week I'm talking about the seemingly imminent 100D, a crazy(?) theory on how Pixar could help pave the way for the next generation of EV drivers, an interview with Casey Spencer (who holds the record with 550 miles traveled on a single charge in his Model S), and more! Listen here.