Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ryanjm
Ryan,

I just listened to your latest podcast #75. I'm aware that there is a new change in Supercharging for those who purchase their MS or MX after mid January, however I believe I heard something on your podcast that you might want to check out.

I believe that the latest stance on Supercharging is that "There will be an allowance of approx. 1000 miles for LOCAL supercharging, however LD supercharging is still free" I'm not clear on what LD supercharging actually means, however I believe its still free.

Elon Musk says Tesla Model 3 will include ‘free long-distance charging’

Special Shareholder Meeting | Tesla <------ about 15:30 into the video.

I absolutely LOVE your podcast. HEY MAGGIE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond
@Garlan Garner - I think there's been wishful speculation added to the comment you referenced.
IMO, EM simply thinks of all SCing as for long distance and when he said 'free' for long distance travel, he was referring to the 1000mile allotment and not hinting at the allotment being good for local and long distance would be free unlimited. He actually specifically said the Model ☰ would NOT have free unlimited SCing in the sentence prior to the poorly worded statement differentiating local from long distance.

@Garlan Garner - I think there's been wishful speculation added to the comment you referenced.
IMO, EM simply thinks of all SCing as for long distance and when he said 'free' for long distance travel, he was referring to the 1000mile allotment and not hinting at the allotment being good for local and long distance would be free unlimited. He actually specifically said the Model ☰ would NOT have free unlimited SCing in the sentence prior to the poorly worded statement differentiating local from long distance.
Did you listen to the video?

• Funny
Reactions: melindav
Thanks so much @diesel ! Enjoy your new Tesla!

And here's episode 76, covering Ludicrous+, Elon's favorite video games, and more!
Ryan - slight correction - you misquoted the CA charge cost (beyond 400kWh allotment) as going down to half the price when at the slower charge rate.
CA is $0.20/kW. The tiered pricing is only for those areas on the per minute plans, not per kW areas. So CA doesn't have any tier 1 vs tier 2 pricing, but flat $0.20/kWh.

Hi @ryanjm,

In today's podcast around 33:10 you described AP2.0 as level 4 but during the 19 Oct 2016 conference call Elon used the terms level 5 and driverless. In the following video at 0:12 Elon says level 5 autonomy. At 0:31 he says driverless. Tesla is planning to operate AP2.0 cars on the Tesla Network without a driver.

Last edited:
Hello Ryan,

In your latest episode there was a suggestion to look out for the Model 3 beta cars. IF the beta looks exactly the alpha....how would we know the difference?

The 3 in the logo instead of the ≡?
Cameras in the side marker?

What should we look out for?

I believe the alpha version will be remarkably similar to the alpha version.

That's a great question! I suppose it's just math more than a thing else. We only know of 2 confirmed alpha prototypes, whereas there may be dozens of betas. So odds are, if you spot one, it's going to be a beta. :D

Hello Ryan,

In your latest episode there was a suggestion to look out for the Model 3 beta cars. IF the beta looks exactly the alpha....how would we know the difference?

The 3 in the logo instead of the ≡?
Cameras in the side marker?

What should we look out for?

I believe the alpha version will be remarkably similar to the alpha version.