Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ryan is very professional and does his research for the show. There are three Tesla podcasts I've found, this one, Talking Tesla, and a third one I only listened to once. Talking Tesla can be entertaining, but it's more of three EV enthusiasts shooting the breeze about EVs and Tesla specifically than substantive. If I only had time to listen to one podcast it would be Ride the Lightning.
I listened to Talking Tesla once for about 5 mins and couldn't take any more. Guys who think they are funny and love to hear themselves talk just don't do it for me.

Ride the Lightening stays more focused on the subject and I enjoy it.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
I listened to Talking Tesla once for about 5 mins and couldn't take any more. Guys who think they are funny and love to hear themselves talk just don't do it for me.

Ride the Lightening stays more focused on the subject and I enjoy it.

I have to be in the mood for Talking Tesla. They can be annoying.

In between all the banter there are some interesting tidbits, but the overall quality of the information is poorer than Ride the Lightning.

@Troy Thank you for picking me up with the episode 54 link. I had indeed left for vacation and forgot to post the link here. :)

@wdolson and others: I appreciate the kind words! I'm doing my best to put on a thoughtful, accurate, analytical podcast each week that respects your time and intelligence.

On that note, here's episode 55, which is a roundup of 12 Tesla news stories from the week, from Tesla's new ex-Apple hire to Model X's door-centric firmware update to the Model S fire in France and a lot more! Listen here (or see any of the subscription links in my signature below).

Happy Sunday everyone!

I've been listening for a couple of weeks now. I really enjoy the information provided while on my work commute. Ryan, you do a great job of very elequantly explaining everything.

What I'd love to hear in the future is more voices and opinions. You have a good voice, but a change up once in a while spices things up a bit, and a little point-counter-point on a variety of topics would be interesting.

Thanks.

Reactions: ryanjm
@ryanjm

LOVE the podcast. Just started listening a couple weeks ago. I downloaded them all and will start over from episode 1. Keep up the great work! If you need another referral code to give you a chance of winning a Tesla, let me know.

Agree with some of the comments above regarding the Talking Tesla podcast. I can only listen if I am in a certain mood. They can get a little annoying sometimes. However, I never have to be in a certain mood to listen to your podcast Ryan. I appreciate your professionalism and obvious hard work you put into every episode.

Would also love to see pictures of your DeLorean :)

Last edited:
@Model S M.D. Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate you giving the podcast a try. It's a labor of love for sure -- my way of trying to contribute to the Tesla community without yet being able to afford the car itself.

And since you asked, here's a pic of my old DeLorean, taken in November 2011, a few months before I sold it. I still miss it but hopefully when my Tesla dream comes true with Model 3 it'll help me miss it a little less. :)
IMG_6155.JPG

Episode 59 is a doozy -- 1 hour and 14 minutes of Elon quotes from the media conference call I was on about 8.0 last Sunday, plus talking through the NYT article, Elon impersonator lawsuit, the MobilEye breakup, and a lot more! Tailored download links are in my signature below, but here's a link straight to this week's episode:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/teslapodc...esla_Motors_Unofficial_Podcast_Episode_59.mp3

Episode 59 is a doozy -- 1 hour and 14 minutes

Not
Long
Enough

I ride my mountain bike on a trail around the lake where I live and it takes me a good two hours, so I need to take a break three quarters through the ride to switch to another podcast. Stop making my life so difficult Ryan!!!! :D Two hours is the goal, I'll call you and leave a nice long message for a future podcast, we can beat this together. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: ryanjm and Fiver
Haha that's an A+ plate for sure. I always cringe anytime I see a DeLorean with a front license plate on it. My AZ plate when I lived there was STAINLS and my CA plate was RUSTPRF. :)

Here's episode 64 of Ride the Lightning, speculating on tomorrow's announcement, discussing Model S's market dominance, digging into Germany's historic ICE ban, and more!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/teslapodc...fficial_Podcast_Episode_63.mp3?dest-id=295291