Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new tires/wheels or just tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I need new tires. I also need to fix my rims. The question I have is this . . . .

Get new tires and wheel package on tirerack.com or fix slipstream wheels and have new tires mounted to them. Price difference is approx $500 (new tire/wheel pack ~$2200 vs new tire and wheel repair/resurfaced and painted ~$1700). The money isn't really a big deal. I lean towards getting the original wheels resurfaced and painted, as they are forged, lighter and OEM. However, I am not opposed to getting something new that separates my car from the pack.

Any thoughts or insight from my peers is much appreciated!

That does matter. I was under the impression they were, although I am not 100% sure. If the wheels are just simple alloy rims, then swapping them out for something else (under 35 lbs/wheel) seems like a better idea.

So, I need new tires. I also need to fix my rims. The question I have is this . . . .

Get new tires and wheel package on tirerack.com or fix slipstream wheels and have new tires mounted to them. Price difference is approx $500 (new tire/wheel pack ~$2200 vs new tire and wheel repair/resurfaced and painted ~$1700). The money isn't really a big deal. I lean towards getting the original wheels resurfaced and painted, as they are forged, lighter and OEM. However, I am not opposed to getting something new that separates my car from the pack.

Any thoughts or insight from my peers is much appreciated!

If money isn't really a big deal then do the right thing: keep your existing wheels and PayPal me the $500.