TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New update for IOS Tesla App (v 2.7.2)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Patrick W, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

iTunes has a new version of the Tesla app. Version 2.7.2 was posted today (26 FEB).

2. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

What's New says "Improved summon experience"

3. slevit1md

slevit1md Member

Still ignores almost all of the most frequent and long standing complaints about the app. I get more and more annoyed every time they release an update which ignores what we want and adds things no one asked for.

4. brooklynrab

brooklynrab Member

Tesla Motors cares about as much about improving usability as they care about the weather on Mars (wait... Elon probably cares MORE about the weather on Mars). All that drives the, is improving autopilot and getting the Gigafactory chugging, even as other car companies catch up on autopilot and surpass tesla on user interface safety and usability -- I just went shopping with my wife for a Volvo yesterday, and the things they are doing in both those respects is incredible for an "established" car company.

5. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

The APIs indicate Tesla's building in functionality to adjust the charge amperage. Wonder when we get to see that.

6. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

What is "APIs"?

7. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Application Programming Interface ... it is a term of art for programming, I think. Tend to take it for granted that everybody knows.

8. surfdoc

surfdoc Member

Seems like a new calendar bug introduced. My daily says "no events" yet there are plenty of things on the calendar.

9. f-stop

f-stop Member

FWIW I got the iOS Tesla app v2.7.2 update on Feb 26, and the calendar in my car still displays correct events proper each day, including this morning after the car received the 7.1 (2.12.126) software update.

10. BertL

BertL Active Member

I'm also not encountering any calendar issues since updating my firmware, using iOS 9.2.1 on an iPhone 6. Be sure you do a quick search... There are some threads from the past couple of months with others encountering problems like you describe. Good luck!

11. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

When that happens for me I can usually "force" an update by first making sure the calendar on my iPhone is current and then opening the Tesla app on the phone and connecting with the car.

Doing that usually moves data from the phone's calendar to the car's calendar right away.

12. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Same here. Calendar working great with iPhone 6 on iOS 9.3 with new app version.

13. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

Surfdoc, have you tried to close the tesla app then reopen it?, (double clicking the home button and swiping up the app)

My calendar didn't update for 2 days, till I tried that...

14. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Just installed 2.7.2 for the first time on my iPhone 6S.
    Works perfectly. It synced my calendar from my iPhone to the S for the first time in about 1 minute.
    After that is seems to stay synced.

I have been using it with success to pre heat the interior and to initiate car charging in the am for preconditioning.

I wish there was a way for the calendar to initiate these events for me automatically.

15. Father Bill

Father Bill Member

For automation check out EVmote. I use it and its IFTT integration to automate events based on my calendar and schedule. (IFTT=If This Then That)

Peace,
    Father Bill

16. xborg

xborg Member

Why and how can I trust giving my password to these web based services? I think it is dangerous information.

17. BertL

BertL Active Member

#17 BertL, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    I agree. I'm digging into this thread: EVmote App which is the primary EVmote thread referenced on their website.

Check out THIS POST in that thread and read forward from there for description.

18. iffatall

iffatall Member

[Off topic] Are iOS apps still connected with iTunes?

19. BertL

BertL Active Member

[Off topic Reply ;)] They do not have to be. Apps an be downloaded/updated directly to iPhone/iPad from the App Store -OR- via Mac/PC that has iTunes installed, then back to the iPhone/iPad via hardwire or WiFi. Sorta whatever way suits your fancy for the past few years, including mix-and-match of the variations.

20. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

Non-jail broken iOS apps are downloaded either in iTunes on a computer or the Apps app on an iPhone.