Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New use in the trunk for Abstract Ocean’s bright LED trunk/puddle lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The connectors accept 22. Wow, thanks for bumping this one. I've not seen this post in years.
I am sort of OCD for using factory ro OEM equipment when possible. The OEM connectors are posted also somewhere in another post from me. They are a pain to get and use. The pins must be bought in min count.
Here you are, found it on Teslatap where I submitted it to him for posting. Lights – How to Improve Trunk Lighting 2 | TeslaTap

I did the puddle light install the same time that I was doing the footwell cover holder Footwell Cover Holder | TeslaTap
I use this ever time I am at a grocery store.

In the mean time, these are handy and even fit inside the puddle lights and connect to the pins inside. Cheap too easy to find.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z04JJF...olid=15HQ7GDPC8HGQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I ordered all the plastic pieces but looking elsewhere for the pins. Min count of 100 for the female and 10,000 for the male! Geez...... Not having any luck finding pins that fit. Thanks again for the reply and all the info!

***update*** I just found both the pins on digikey.com and able to order them by the each. This will be fun trying to figure out how to assemble these things! haha

Last edited:
@DC813, you are welcome. Best ideas around here come from building on the effort someone else has already figured out.

I looked high and low on Arrow and Digit-key for a crimping tool to fix those pins and others to wire. Those guys wanted $400+ and looked the same as Amazon for <$30. I finally found one. This works very well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OMM4YU...colid=9OCFTEIZ30RB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Of course very small needle nose relatively new pliers work too. But I wasted more pins because they did flatten. Just my last two cents on the subject.

@DC813, you are welcome. Best ideas around here come from building on the effort someone else has already figured out.

I looked high and low on Arrow and Digit-key for a crimping tool to fix those pins and others to wire. Those guys wanted $400+ and looked the same as Amazon for <$30. I finally found one. This works very well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OMM4YU...colid=9OCFTEIZ30RB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Of course very small needle nose relatively new pliers work too. But I wasted more pins because they did flatten. Just my last two cents on the subject.

oh man, this would have saved me a ton of swearing. i only had to do "3 wires" so I opted for pliers and a hammer lol. I would have happily spent $20 on the tool

I looked and crimpers for months. Many details that I could not tell the differences would matter. Finally selected one and it works on more pins than I expected. I finally had lucked out and picked something right, the right choice (blindly) the first time.