Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Vehicle Purchase, Acceptable Blemishes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to know peoples opinions on new vehicles with a showroom discount. I've seen some posts here and there about people not being happy with some items such as swirled paint, chips, small dents, wrinkled seats ETC. What I'm curious to know is what is acceptable when you've gotten a showroom discount and it's still being sold as NEW, not CPO.

I've read that the DS/OA have said that the discount is to reflect these potential blemishes and that's that, but is it really okay?

When you buy a new car that's being sold at the end of quarter and Tesla decides to discount it, does it matter to us as the buy why they did that, or should they be held accountable for a blemish free new vehicle?

it varies from buyer to buyer and how which Tesla employee handles it. pretty much the luck of the draw id say, if you mention certain things. they may or may not fix it.

from what you listed and my personal opinion. swirl marks are easily remedied, i would not be ok with dents(damaged), but if there are like 1-2 door dings, that is fine. if its just chips like rock chips, that is normal. if its chipped to the point where i think it needs new paint, that is not acceptable. wrinkled seats are bound to happen in showroom car, if its excessive, i may bring it to their attention.

Never saw a blemish free vehicle. If you look close enough you will be able to locate blemishes.

Gotta be a little realistic in your expectations, especially if you buy a showroom demo.

Usually a trip to your detailer will get all these issues sorted out, but as soon as you put it on the road, additional blemishes will begin to appear.

Even brand new Teslas are riddled with factory imperfections. Paint swirls, missing clearcoat patches, wrinkled seats, malaligned body panels, crumpled seals are standard features that come with your car.

Don't sweat it or it will drive you crazy. These are disposable toys, drive it and dump it when something better comes out.