Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vs Old Rear Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went to check too, but then I realized I don’t even have a vin.:( When mine arrives, maybe it will come with a Heads Up Display (HUD) and with Autopilot that can see fire trucks and parked police cars :)

YOU should be seeing parked fire trucks and police cars.

Who pays for your insurance and who is the liable party.

Pretty sure it's not Tesla, Inc.

@MXWing aka “no personality”. Breathe buddy and don’t be afraid to to use a question mark at the end of your questions... - Even on questions you post that make no sense. Your MXWing user name is pretty clever.

Attempts to bait with ad hominem attacks will not be successful.

Trying to raise the level of AP IQ among the populace but it appears ignorance is preferred.

The time I spent in the backseat of the 3 was literally the only thing I was disappointed with in the car. As it has been stated earlier, the problem was the slowness of the seat, high knee position and lack of foot room. The amount of padding in the seat really wasn't the problem. They chose to sacrifice seating position for headroom. I'm ok with that. Everything in a car is a compromise.

By contrast, the driver comfort is beyond anything I have ever driven. SUPER comfortable.

Dan

• Helpful
Reactions: mhan00 and Brando
Attempts to bait with ad hominem attacks will not be successful.

Trying to raise the level of AP IQ among the populace but it appears ignorance is preferred.
I just checked to see if MXWING was available as a license plate for you, but it is already taken. I would have bought it for you as a piece offering.

Attachments

• 17C1F12B-697B-4D04-A27F-A34983C84CB2.jpeg
    17C1F12B-697B-4D04-A27F-A34983C84CB2.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: MXWing
I just checked to see if MXWING was available as a license plate for you, but it is already taken. I would have bought it for you as a piece offering.

Thank you. Yes it was taken and I didn't want to try a variety of it.

I did consider EFFUCHP to pair along with my 11-99 foundation plate (thank you fallen officers) for a laugh but sometimes being clever can be taken the wrong way.

Do you have a vanity plate planned? I saw something cool which I hope the owner got their Model 3 as I’m sure it’s what the plate was intended for.

909FFB5E-999B-4E53-84C0-65F1A5046D3D.jpeg

My VIN is in the 16,6xx and I have the older seat how do I get the newer seats replaced? Why should us that are in the beginning of the order process be guinea pigs for everyone else?

That's how it is for everyone. Tesla just does it faster. With other carmakers, your 2018 model purchase makes you a guinea pig for 2019 models. And the people who waited for 2019 models will be guinea pigs for 2020 models. And eventually when the carmaker has all issues sorted and the car is just about perfect for what they want it to be, they change the whole design of the car and start all over again. o_O

Reactions: Arpe and MXWing
That's how it is for everyone. Tesla just does it faster. With other carmakers, your 2018 model purchase makes you a guinea pig for 2019 models. And the people who waited for 2019 models will be guinea pigs for 2020 models. And eventually when the carmaker has all issues sorted and the car is just about perfect for what they want it to be, they change the whole design of the car and start all over again. o_O

Your neighbor's new Tesla will almost always be improved and cheaper (with few exceptions) than the one you took for delivery.

That's the game. I wouldn't have it any other way. At least we get software upgrades.

Thank you. Yes it was taken and I didn't want to try a variety of it.

I did consider EFFUCHP to pair along with my 11-99 foundation plate (thank you fallen officers) for a laugh but sometimes being clever can be taken the wrong way.

Do you have a vanity plate planned? I saw something cool which I hope the owner got their Model 3 as I’m sure it’s what the plate was intended for.

View attachment 305920
The Ford Escape is hilarious. I believe the license plate frame confirms your suspicions on the plates future. The 3 that i am getting is for my wife so a vanity plate is unlikely. I did look into a few plates, but all were taken. :(

Thanks TEG! I actually see no difference. Put some weight on there, and I'll bet it goes a bit flatter, just like with the previous seats. I'd rather have ANYTHING better than the originals back there. As others have said - my biggest disappointment after climbing inside a 3 my first time was those rear seats with zero support. I won't be sitting back there much... if ever. But I tend to use my cars fully, so rear passengers are a regular thing.