Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wheels And Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A60E0D5B-A4F9-4595-ABCD-5CB184F64325.png
Any thoughts in replacing my offset Uberturbines with these rims and tires?

Thanks again for the info. We went 20x9.5 +38 in the “deep” wheel cut. I finally got them in and mounted them yesterday. I have to say, they are worth every penny and the fitment was superb. I snapped some quick shots in the driveway but it was raining. I was amazed at how light these were especially compared to the Uberturbines. Holy crap those were bricks!

Wheels looks good. I'm also looking in to the same wheels but with the double tinted gloss black finish... How are you liking the ride and any improvement in your range? Also you mind posting more photos?

Wheels looks good. I'm also looking in to the same wheels but with the double tinted gloss black finish... How are you liking the ride and any improvement in your range? Also you mind posting more photos?
Honestly just got back from a 1200 mile road trip that I did a few months ago. The comfort is noticeable for sure and thoroughly enjoyable.

However my range has taken a huge hit. IDK if it’s the aerodynamic of the rims vs new ones or the summer vs snow rated all seasons. My first trip was 311wh/mi with it raining at 75-80mph on the stock Ubers and this past in dry roads with Vossen and all-seasons was 337wh/mi and I had to slow to make it to Supercharger. I think it’s more tire related but never know.

In the city I definitely have better range though.

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread.... but now Im torn... I was almost ready to pull the trigger on some HF-3's in 20" but seeing the 19's in this thread has me second guessing myself.

I guess Im thinking that a 19" tire is going to be cheaper than a 20".

Also Im surprised on the range hit of the uberturbines to the vossen 19's on a long trip.. that seems crazy since the Vossens should weigh so much less. Anyone else experience this?

Here's a guide for the stock wheels size and offset: The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide

FWIW: I went with Vossen HF-3's in 19x9.5 +40 (with the stock Conti's) and they fit perfect. Vossen sent them to my dealer raw and we had them powder coated satin black locally (saved about 6 weeks because Vossen's powder coat shop was backed up due to COVID).

Vossen recommended sticking with the same width, but going with a slightly lower-than-OEM offset (from +45 to +40) as that brings the outer edge of the wheel further out. Since the HF-3' have a "deep" profile, they actually only moved just bit more flush with the fender. I think the look is fantastic and again they fit perfect. No issues with clearance, etc.

View attachment 591781 View attachment 591779
Did you get the calipers printed professionally or are they caliper wraps? They look great with the wheels.

So glad I found this thread.... but now Im torn... I was almost ready to pull the trigger on some HF-3's in 20" but seeing the 19's in this thread has me second guessing myself.

I guess Im thinking that a 19" tire is going to be cheaper than a 20".

Also Im surprised on the range hit of the uberturbines to the vossen 19's on a long trip.. that seems crazy since the Vossens should weigh so much less. Anyone else experience this?
Regarding range, wind resistance (aerodynamics) becomes an issue at higher speeds. The uberturbines are actually aerodynamic similar to the aero wheel cover. A wide open wheel design is going to chop at the wind. I run Tsportline TS5 with all season tires in the winter and I can "feel" the wheels fighting the wind (and can confirm decreased efficiency on road trip).