Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheels from Tesla: Aero and Cyclone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. The lower the profile, the dumber the vehicle looks. If I could get 80% profile tires, I'd put them on today.
I've driven 75s for more than a decade, then had to switch to 65s for the last decade because BMW allows 75s on the 3 series in Germany, but not on the same model here. Now suddenly with my Tesla I'm forced to drive 45s. I'd love to go back to 65s for the added comfort...
Frankly, I'm baffled that so many people are spending all the extra money (+ ongoing cost for more frequent tire replacement) for the 35s on 21" wheels - buy hey, that's again the beauty of choice... I just wish there was a 235/65-17 option that I could chose instead

Personally I think the cyclones look "ok" on a dark color. Looks very weird on light colors like the white. Now the question comes down to how much do they improve in real life? (Yes I know officially its 3% but in actual driving)

It's a bit of a crude rendering, but I'll offer it for consideration nonetheless:

AeroT2.png

Anybody seen the Cyclones on a car yet, with a pic to prove it? The Aeros are interesting, but I am curious to see how the Cyclones compare to the 21" turbines, in terms of visual appeal.

Also wondering how difficult they will be to clean between the closer-set spoke pairs. The 21s look pretty easy to clean, with their even spacing.

Actually I just spotted this over on the TM forum (Google search turned it up, I cannot bear to read the TM forum itself):

Model S with Cyclone wheels pictures | Forums | Tesla Motors

They don't look bad, but I miss the sharp symmetry of the 21" turbines.

I agree with most of the others, just not right. Get 21" if you want the look. The gaps on these don't look good and they look too small.

But hey, anything is better than those Aero rims.

For $2500, mmmm, no.

Last edited:
The Aeros are growing on me, in a retro "these are so crazy they only belong on a Matchbox car" kind of way.

But I agree, the Cyclones don't cut it as a 19" substitute for the 21" Turbines. I'll be sticking with my standard 19s, which are very pleasantly symmetrical, sturdy-looking and structurally appealing.