Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New white P3D! Some questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
I took delivery of my white P3D couple weeks back. In love with the car totally
Couple of questions though
1. The drive is quiet and smooth. When I turn up some bass heavy music to full or close to full volume I can heard some rattling behind the back seats. Also my driver window vibrates and putting a finger in between the window and inner rubber seal quiets it down. Low music , no rattling. Is this normal?

2. I got the notification clean left pillar camera yes blinded or something about 3 times. Since then nothing?

Very grateful for the experts' opinions here.

Hi - congrats - welcome

1. yes had that too. They will probably put some double sided tape to quiet buzzing. Made door latch needs minor adjustment to pull it in.
2. Normal with sun azimuth rising. Munroe rumored they reduced aperture in MY to try and fix this but it has not a problem in my experience.

Hi guys,
1. The drive is quiet and smooth. When I turn up some bass heavy music to full or close to full volume I can heard some rattling behind the back seats. Also my driver window vibrates and putting a finger in between the window and inner rubber seal quiets it down. Low music , no rattling. Is this normal?

2. I got the notification clean left pillar camera yes blinded or something about 3 times. Since then nothing?

if you turn your speakers on full bass to full volume, anything can rattle. tesla may or may not diagnose rattles anymore. depends on dealer.

I also got the Left Door Pillar Camera error for the first two days that I have my car (picked up 18th March 2020). Again since then no furtehr messages so perhaps they fixed something. I have had three software updates since getting the car already.

if you turn your speakers on full bass to full volume, anything can rattle. tesla may or may not diagnose rattles anymore. depends on dealer.
Yes you are right. That's what I was wondering as well and hence asked (my first Tesla so I am pretty much a noob)

The camera error has actually gone away but I do think the driver side door is (slightly) rattling now which may increase.

Hi guys,

1. im not listening to drum and bass , but in the few times i pushed the audio system hard, never had any rattling.

2. same occasional problems here. people say it has to do with the sun hitting it at just the right angle. but is it the worlds largest coincidence that almost every complaint about it here is on the left side cameras - that we're all just driving in the same direction with respect to the sun?!? (of course, insinuating there is something systemic about the left side cameras is equally crazy)

Hi guys,

The door pillar camera - I've had that many many times. It comes when the sun is glaring directly into the camera. i tinted the circle from the inside and have never had another issue.

The bass rattling can be anything. Since you can re-produce the way to stop it....I would take it back to Tesla and show them.

Last winter, I was getting the Door Pillar Camera Blocked or Blinded message on both Left and Right sides due to condensation. Tesla SC looked at it during my HW3 upgrade appointment and said there was nothing they could do. They told me to turn on the front defroster and it should clear the error in a few minutes.

1. im not listening to drum and bass , but in the few times i pushed the audio system hard, never had any rattling.

2. same occasional problems here. people say it has to do with the sun hitting it at just the right angle. but is it the worlds largest coincidence that almost every complaint about it here is on the left side cameras - that we're all just driving in the same direction with respect to the sun?!? (of course, insinuating there is something systemic about the left side cameras is equally crazy)

I didnt have this problem when the car came to me, these rattles when the bass is maxed up came up slowly. The back is not the problem but the driver side window i think doesnt make a perfect seal with the side pillar rubber causing it to vibrate and move when going over an uneven road.

Funnily enough i only get the camera error at night, not during the day.

I had a rattle in the trunk where the subwoofer is. To find it I played a frequency sweep off YouTube, found the frequency where the rattle was the worst, then played another video of just that frequency. While it was playing I sat in the back seats and tried to locate the rattle by pressing on different areas to see if it stops. I couldn’t find it until I folded the seats and realized it was coming from the trunk. After going to the trunk it sounded like a rattle was by my right taillight so I pulled back the trunk liner and found a wire rattling against the cars body panel.

Yeah it’s still a rattle it’s just each object has a specific frequency where it’ll vibrate the most and if it’s in contact with something else it’ll be audible it’s the same principle how speakers produce sound but in that case the sound is wanted

Yeah it’s still a rattle it’s just each object has a specific frequency where it’ll vibrate the most and if it’s in contact with something else it’ll be audible it’s the same principle how speakers produce sound but in that case the sound is wanted
Thanks, the driver side glass window makes a subtle squeaky noise. As if coming apart from the door rubber and then joining it again when you go over an uneven road or something. It is very subtle, but now that i can hear it, i cant unhear it.