Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Windows Phone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out that the awesome Tesla Companion has been removed from the Windows Phone Store, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Why did this happen? If I have to wipe my phone for any reason I will lose the best Tesla App for the Windows Phone.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tesla-companion/3ea4b242-30e2-44f1-9a98-3161c9d259cd

Not cool! I wish Tesla would just come out with an offical app. One of these days, I will own a Tesla, and when I do, I want to be able to connect to it with my Windows Phone!

There was some technical problems and the app was removed temporarily from the store, Tesla Companion will be available again in about a week, also there are new features in development that will be incorporated in post-releases very soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

There was some technical problems and the app was removed temporarily from the store, Tesla Companion will be available again in about a week, also there are new features in development that will be incorporated in post-releases very soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the update, castor! Glad it isn't going anywhere as I'll be getting the new Lumia Icon when it comes out and didn't want to miss out on your app when I switch phones!

No RT version yet :), there was a project on progress but was put on stand by for now.

Tesla Companion was submitted last Friday to the store for certification, expect this week to be online again.

Currently the effort is on the development of notifications and live tile status which will be released in a couple weeks, however in parallel there are some experimental cool development as well but no much info to give for that yet ;)

Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 API are substantially different, there are rumors that Microsoft will release a unified framework, hopefully that will make life easier to develop a Windows 8 store app.

Tesla Companion is Free, TSLA(stock) already pay more than enough ;)

HINT: However next release comes with notifications, live tiles, scheduling trick charge, scheduling warming and more... which require a service to run on the cloud, if the cost of the server and bandwidth increase I may have to charge some to pay for the service.

Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 API are substantially different, there are rumors that Microsoft will release a unified framework, hopefully that will make life easier to develop a Windows 8 store app.

HINT: However next release comes with notifications, live tiles, scheduling trick charge, scheduling warming and more... which require a service to run on the cloud, if the cost of the server and bandwidth increase I may have to charge some to pay for the service.

Rumors? Do you mean to tell me you live in Redmond and don't actually work for Microsoft? :) Looking forward to all the new features!

Thank you for updating your App to work with the new Nokia 1520!!! Pure Awesome! :biggrin:

I'm glad you like it, Nokia 1520 is pretty cool.

And Yes the notification service is currently running on Azure, however it is not ready for release yet and Beta users will be able to play with it after Monday, I would expect one week after that to submit to the Windows Store.

Sure, PM to me your email address for which your phone is registered, once I put you in the list of the authorized users you can download the Beta from the Windows Store and provide feedback.

Do you live in the Netherlands? Dutch is one of the languages I don't have Tesla Companion localized yet, you are very welcome to help with it.