TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Windows Phone Tesla App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Gear, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Gear

Gear Member

I just noticed last night that there's a new Tesla app for Windows Phone made by "Castores productions" called Tesla Companion. I don't know if the person who made it is on here or not, but it's got a really nice design. It looks like the app for the other devices. I'm not sure if it has more or less functionality than Andy's Tesla Connect app since his app won't let me see the controls since my car is still almost 2 weeks from delivery and not in production yet. It seems to have all the functionality from what I can tell though: lock/unlock, flash lights, honk horn, set climate control, see where the car is located, charge status, and set charging preferences. I just figured I'd let the other few people who have a Tesla and a Windows Phone know about it. :)

2. gnelson

gnelson Member

Tesla Connect for my Windows 8 Phone works exceptionally well. It does everything my iPhone app for the Model S does.

3. castor

castor Member

Tesla Companion for Windows Phone has everything that is included in the official App for Android and iPhone other than location in real-time, real-time location will come in the in the next update (about 2 weeks from now since the app has to pass Microsoft certification again), also will include improved graphics like sunroof and others and few UI glitches fixed.

Also will include a new feature that is not in the official App, please feel free to test it and provide feedback about it.

4. Gear

Gear Member

You and Andy Himberger should work together on one Tesla super app. :)

5. gnelson

gnelson Member

I would like to see a Windows 8 app for my Samsung tablet.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I was thinking about that the other day when playing with my Surface. Supposedly it should be trivial for WP apps to run on W8 in the future. As for this app, always good to have options I say.

7. castor

castor Member

By the author "Tesla Connect" is a more Metro oriented application where "Tesla Companion" will take the more traditional approach with customized GUI, it is good to have different choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, a Windows Store app in on the design phase, it will bring much more features that the phone version since allows to run background tasks which can periodically do certain tasks that can't be done on the phone unless the application is active of course.

8. dnanian

dnanian Member

castor has done a fantastic job with this new app. It's fast, complete, elegant - highly recommended.

ahimberg has done a great job too, and has some additional features - it's nice to see some friendly competition in the WP Tesla App space!

9. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

I'm glad to see there are some options out there for Windows Phone users.

These are 3rd party apps not made by Tesla themselves, correct?

10. gmontem

gmontem Model S P01707

That is correct.

For those without a WP and are curious to know what these apps look like:

Tesla Companion

Tesla Connect

11. castor

castor Member

We have detected that Tesla Companion current version 1.0.0 has some problem during the login process on some phone.

The issue has been resolved and an update was sent to the store plus new features, the update may take a week since has to pass certification again.

However we have a Tesla Companion Beta program where we have the latest and coolest features always available, you have the option to provide feedback and make a difference for the next update.
    If you wish to participate on the Beta please let me know.

Also we are working on Internalization and are we looking for users who are willing to translate the user interface in different languages, especially we are looking for users that speaks Norwegian natively.

Thanks,
    Castor.

12. satheesh.net

satheesh.net Member

Hi. I can help with the Norwegian translation. PM me and I'll help out as much as possible. :smile:

13. castor

castor Member

PM sent...

Currently we have people interested in Norwegian and Spanish, however we are not limited to just one person per language since it will help with the accuracy of the translation.

Thanks,
    Castor.

14. castor

castor Member

15. gnelson

gnelson Member

16. pwillemse78

pwillemse78 Member

I can help with the Dutch version...

17. castor

castor Member

Great, I'll send you a PM soon