Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Model S wish list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) 300 miles of range for the base MS
2) 400 miles of range for the 'fancier'/uplevel MS
3) Nicer interior 'look and feel', i.e. should feel like an $80-120K car interior ('posh and precise', and no cheap-looking carbon fiber trim)

4) DO NOT F*** up the UI by 'Model 3-izing' it... keep the two screens
5) DO NOT F*** up the exterior styling by changing it a lot (or even at all). The MS could be slightly skinnier width-wise, that's about it.

Do not fear about losing the two screens. IIRC Musk told people the Model 3 only has one to make it cheaper to manufacture. This was during the whole underselling the Model 3-phase, when Tesla started increasing the gap between Model S and 3. One of those differences in luxury is, you guessed it, the extra screen on the S right in front of the driver.

(Later on they spinned this the other way: "you won't need an instrument cluster in a self-driving car", but this isn't the real reason they let it slide)

Reactions: FutureShock
  1. Soft-close doors. Driving a loaner Model X spoiled me with this feature. Especially since closing the doors usually takes my passengers at least 2 attempts.
  2. HUD
  3. Ambient lighting with controllable color
  4. Active/massaging seats
  5. Rear sunshade
  6. Active cooled front seats
  7. More obvious blind spot warning
My Ford Taurus SHO had the previous 5 features, and I miss having them in my Model S.

Reactions: Kacey Green
My top three (in order of importance):
  1. Active and adjustable dampers similar to VW/Audi or Cadillac (either type would be good) with comfort, automatic/standard, and sport settings.
  2. More comfortable rear seats. Adult rear passenger comfort is important.
  3. Long wheelbase for more rear seat room.

Last edited:
Central driving position? How would this be beneficial in anyway?
How do you plan on getting in the seat?

How am I gonna pull up to the drive through for my morning coffee?
How am I gonna pull up to my gate call box to enter the code

1. Blind spot warning in the mirror
2017-Honda-CR-V-side-mirror-blind-spot-768x500_o.jpg

2. Birds eye view for parking situations...
aroundview_1376506089_600x275.jpg

3. Parking lot summon (come pick me up at the door of the building in a commercial parking lot)

I suspect a Bird Eyes View (like in the LEAF in that 2nd picture) is possible with the current AP2 hardware (I'm not sure AP2 hardware has the cameras in the right place).

AP2 front camera is in the wrong spot, it can't see immediately in front of the car. Also, I think Tesla's current plans are to fully automate all parking, so birds eye view becomes unnecessary.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
If, as some have speculated, there will be a new Model S coming, what features would you wish for?

Here are mine:
  • Horizontal screen, like Model 3, but much bigger. I want it really high up so I don't have to look down.
  • Optional Long wheelbase version with space for reclining rear seats.
  • Quieter cabin
  • Better voice control
  • Optional massage chairs
  • Active suspension, similar to Mercedes 'Magic body control' but better
  • Smartphone dock up on the dash where you can see it. (this is not only directed toward Tesla, but I find it ludicrous that car manufacturers put phone docks down low while most drivers buy aftermarket window and dash holders, or worse, hold the phone in their hand while driving)
  • Tow hitch
  • Perhaps central driving position like the Semi? Can't make up my mind on this.
  • 360 Dash cam that immediately uploads to the cloud if there is an accident, even while parked

That last bullet point sure would give me peace of mind.. would love if tesla offered such a feature. Simply record a rolling 30 second window and upload the 15 seconds before and after the "event". I'd pay good money for that feature, especially if it was accompanied by sensor data. :)

Reactions: steele and Olle